The present title supposes the transformation in Interuniversity Master of that previously existing in the University of Vigo and is fruit of the collaboration between the University of Vigo and the University of A Coruña. Originally the title began its course in the University of Vigo the course 2009-2010, initiating its impartición like inter-university title, once verified its memory, in the course 2015-2016.
In the Autonomous Community of Galicia there are two Universities that offer the degree of Degree in Sciences of the Physical Activity and Sport, specifically in the Faculty of Sciences of the Education and the Sport (Campus of Pontevedra) and in the Faculty of Sport and the Physical Education at the University of A Coruña.
In both centers there are research groups that focus their work on Physical Activity, Sport and Health. This is why this Master is an optimization of the economic resources of both universities.
Why study the degree
The program Interuniversity Master of Research in Physical Activity, Sport and Health Aims to train multidisciplinary researchers with competence in the different fields of physical activity and sport sciences.
The present title is considered as an essential tool to acquire the training in research techniques necessary to access in optimal conditions to doctoral studies
Structure of the Study
- The research process in the sciences of physical activity and sport.
- Scientific communication and documentary sources in the sciences of physical activity and sport.
- Experimental and quasi-experimental methodology in the physical activity and sport sciences.
- Correlational Selective Methodology
- Observational designs applied to research in sport.
- Qualitative methodology in the physical activity and sport sciences
- Systematic review and meta-analysis
- Exploratory data analysis and inferential analysis
- Multivariate analysis
- Exercise and fitness in the field of performance and health
- Learning and motor control
- Research in Physical Education. Physical activity and sports
- Analysis of performance in sports
- Water activities and first aid
Work End of Master
- Work End of Master
Professional and academic outputs
The Master has a clear research inspiration.
In this sense it is considered as an intermediate and necessary step between the formation of degree and access to the Official Doctorate Program in Sports Sciences, Physical Education and Healthy Physical Activity, studies the latter of inter-university character in which the Universities collaborate Of A Coruña and Vigo.
Therefore, the Master's degree is a way of accessing professional opportunities, both academic and research, for which qualifies the degree of doctor.
In addition to access to doctoral studies, this master's degree opens job opportunities in other areas of employment, such as:
- Research and development departments in companies related to the control of physical activity (consultancies, companies of the fitness sector, etc.)
- Research Centers on Physical Activity and Health (Research Institutes, Foundations, Clinics, Public Institutions, etc.)
- Performance analysis teams in sports organizations (Federations, sports clubs).
The Master's research profile, designed to train multipurpose researchers in the field of physical activity and sports sciences, extends the range of candidates for university graduates in fields related to physical activity, sport and health.
Also, taking into account that the aim of the Master is to train to research and innovate, a dynamic, critical, creative student profile with a capacity to solve problems with which he is not familiar and who has a flexible attitude is sought. To do it autonomously, but also through teamwork.
Common access requirements
- In order to access the official Master's degree courses, it will be necessary to hold an official Spanish university degree or another issued by an institution of higher education belonging to another State that is part of the European Higher Education Area, which provides the same for access to teaching Master.
- Likewise, graduates may be admitted according to educational systems outside the European Higher Education Area without the need for homologation of their degrees, after verification by the University that they accredit a level of education equivalent to the corresponding official Spanish university degrees and that In the country issuing the diploma for access to postgraduate education. Access in this way does not imply, in any case, prior approval of the title that is held by the applicant, or his recognition for purposes other than studying the teachings of the Master.
About the School
The University of A Coruña is a public institution whose primary objective is the generation, management and dissemination of culture and scientific, technological and professional knowledge through t ... Read More