HE Interuniversity Master in Gerontology (MIX), Jointly organized by the universities of A Coruña (UDC) and Santiago de Compostela (USC), presents two specialties:
- Social , offered by the USC through its University School of Nursing (EUE). Coordinator Manuel Gandoy Crego
- Clinic , offered by the UDC through its Faculty of Health Sciences (FCS). Coordinator José Carlos Millán Calenti
It has a teaching load of 90 ECTS credits, and the number of places is set at 40 for each of the organizing universities.
Why study the degree
This master's degree focuses as a postgraduate degree very useful for all university students wishing to work in the field of clinical or social gerontology, particularly graduates of the Health Sciences (medicine, nursing, occupational therapy, speech therapy, psychology .. .) And Social Sciences (social work, labor relations, psychopedagogy, sociology ...), from a professional point of view as well as academic and researcher through the completion of a doctoral thesis.
It is created as a specialized and multidisciplinary training degree endorsed by the level of the teachers involved, mostly doctors from different fields of social health care for the elderly.
What is learned
Specific knowledge of clinical and social gerontology, in order to incorporate professionals in the field of gerontological research, both in public and private organizations and companies. In addition to acquiring research knowledge to be able to begin the doctoral thesis.
Structure of the Study
Common mandatory module
- Assessment and intervention in Gerontology
- Social Gerontology I
- Clinical Gerontology I
- Methodology of Research in Gerontology
Mandatory module by specialty
- Clinical Gerontology II
- Pathology and Geriatric Intervention I
- Pathology and Geriatric Intervention II
- Clinical psychology
- Social Gerontology II
- Geriatric care
- Gerontological Direction and Management
- Demographics of old age
- Gerontological Law and Civil Liability
Compulsory activities module
- Practicum (External Practices)
- Work End of Master
- Non-pharmacological intervention in dementias
- English I
- Gerontological Economics
- Psychobiology of aging
- Physical Activity in Gerontology
- The research project in Gerontology
- Geriatric pharmacology
- English II
- Leisure and Leisure in Gerontology
- Gerontology Intervention Programs
- Pedagogical Intervention in Gerontology
Professional and academic outputs
The aging population in which Spain and Galicia are immersed in particular, constitute an important niche work that in the present and in the immediate future will require the incorporation of properly qualified professionals.
Professional environment in which it is located
Public and private entities related to gerontology and / or geriatrics: socio-health centers, gerontological centers, research centers, day care centers, personalized attention, teaching.
The interdisciplinary character of the degree along with the possibility of studying the generic title of Gerontology; As well as the "Clinical" and / or "Social" specialties, expand the possibilities of access in terms of the profile of students whose previous training could be in the field of health (medicine, psychology, occupational therapy, nursing, physiotherapy or speech therapy) (Sociology, psychology, psychopedagogy, social work and social education), among others.
About the School
The University of A Coruña is a public institution whose primary objective is the generation, management and dissemination of culture and scientific, technological and professional knowledge through t ... Read More