- Successful completion of a Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science degree or equivalent degree from a recognized institution that satisfies the following minimum academic entry criteria:
- Two semesters of Human Anatomy
- Two semesters of Human Physiology
- Two semesters of Biomechanics
- One semester of Research Design / Statistics
- One semester of Physiology of Exercise
- One semester of Exercise Prescription
- One semester of clinical exercise testing
- Transcripts of completion of primary degree and specific subject outlines need to be supplied with applications.
The Bond University Master of Sports Science is designed to produce high-quality graduates who possess an excellent understanding of advanced sports science practice. The program provides you with advanced studies in biomechanics, physiology, sports psychology and the principles of high-performance sciences that incorporate programming, athlete monitoring and emerging technology in sports.
The Master of Sports Science consists of a specialized coursework, integrated research and professional placement model designed in accordance with existing Sports Science professional accreditation requirements with Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA). A unique feature of this program is the opportunity to gain comprehensive professional experience through the completion of a 2-semester internship with a sports organization relevant to the research project to be undertaken.
The program will culminate with the submission of a peer-reviewed manuscript that may be eligible for publication, providing an additional pathway for you to progress to further postgraduate research. Benefit from the real world experience of Bond’s specialist sports scientists, whose academic qualifications are complemented by their ongoing research with major sporting bodies including the Australian Institute of Sport.
Semester 1 (Starts May)
- Communication, Leadership & Negotiation in Sport
- Performance Analysis in Sport
- Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation Principles and Practice
- Research Design for Sports Science
- Athlete Preparation Principles and Practice
- Managing Athlete and Team Dynamics
- Advances in Sports Science
- Research Analysis for Sports Science
- Sports Science Professional Placement 1
- Sports Science Research Project 1
- Sports Science Professional Placement 2
- Sports Science Research Project 2
The Master of Sports Science will enable you to apply knowledge and practical experience in the areas of biomedical science, physiology, biomechanics, nutrition, psychology, and performance analysis to pursue a career in sports science across all levels of national and international sports. Possible career opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Sports scientist/strength and conditioning specialist positions in professional sport, working with teams or individual athletes
- Sports scientist/strength and conditioning specialist positions in national and international sporting organizations
- Development officer for professional sporting and health orientated organizations
- Corporate and community health and fitness consultant
- Health promotion / lifestyle consultant
- Athletic/sports program coordinator
Successful graduates may be eligible to progress to further postgraduate research, such as a Master of Science by Research or Ph.D. level.
The Master of Sports Science has been developed to meet the required coursework and practical experience to apply for accreditation as a Sports Scientist with Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA). Please contact Exercise and Sports Science Australia for conditions for accreditation: www.essa.org.au.
About the School
RIGHT NOW, this moment, the world is changing. Big changes, small changes, climate changes, gear changes… The future belongs to those that are making history now, the quick thinkers acting on their fe ... Read More