Veterinary studies is an intergrated six-year long-cycle studies, which completion provides a qualification corresponding to the MSc. Degree awarded: Degree in Veterinary Medicine (DVM). The studies are divided into three periods:
In the first years the students study the foundations of veterinary medicine, anatomy and functions of animals as well as the fundamentals of animal husbandry. Several branches of biology, zoology,botany, genetics and cell biology as well as chemistry,biophysics, microbiology, virology and parasitology can be considered the foundation of veterinary studies.
In the second year students take up pathological anatomy and physiology, which constitutes an introduction to the second period of the veterinary studies. Pre-clinical studies give the student an insight into the processes going on in the organism of the diseased animal, as well as elementary skills in disease detection.
The second phase concentrates on the relations between human and animal health. An introduction into the public health issues is made. In the third phase or clinical studies lecturers communicate students profound knowledge on the most common diseases of different animal species (including birds and fish) with an empahis on their diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
Practical training takes place in the animal clinic of Estonian University of Life Sciences.
Students also gain extensive knowledge of veterinary public health, veterinary legislation and state veterinary control system.
In the sixth year the student can focus on either large animal and equine medicine or small-animal medicine.
- Completed and signed application form;
- Certified copy of higher secondary education certificate and its official translation into English;
- Certified copy of transcript of records/marks (academic record) and its official translation into English;
- The result of the SAT test in Biology (M);
- Motivation letter;
- Description of previous education and work experience, if available;
- Copy of the identification pages of passport;
- 1 passport size photo, signed on the back.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 29, 2017