The MSN program is designed to prepare leaders in nursing education and healthcare systems who demonstrate cultural sensitivity in their decision-making and collaboration with other members of the professional healthcare team. Graduates will be prepared to mentor other team members and assume accountability for quality care outcomes as well as to foster best practices and effectively facilitate the translation of evidence into practice.
Masters prepared nurses to use concepts and theories from nursing and related disciplines to improve the environment in which health care is delivered.
Start Dates for MSN: 1/16/18, 8/20/18, 1/14/19
Admission & Program Requirements
- Proof of current unrestricted professional registered nursing license.
- Graduation from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited baccalaureate nursing program with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- At least one year of nursing practice or currently practicing as an RN.
- Completion of listed courses with a grade of “C” or better:
- Community Health Nursing
- Health Assessment
- Nursing Research.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- If English is not your native language: Confirmation of fluency in the English language or a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (written), 213 (computer-based), or 79-80 (internet-based) with a score of at least 23 on the speaking portion of the exam.
- All students will be subject to a criminal background check prior to matriculation into the program.
Graduate admission at Trinity College of Nursing & Health Sciences includes the following:
- Complete application at www.trinitycollegeqc.edu
- Submit application fee ($50.00).
- Submit a 1-2 page written essay, describing your educational and career goals (text box included with application).
- Submit letter of recommendation forms to your references, which may include your employer, previous nursing faculty, or nursing professionals with whom you have worked.
- In addition to completing the above, please mail:
- Copy of current CPR card
- Current professional resume/vita to:
Trinity College of Nursing & Health Sciences
2122 25th Ave., Rock Island, Illinois 61201
Contact previous institutions and request official transcripts be sent to Trinity College of Nursing & Health Sciences.
After all the materials are received, a faculty member from Trinity College of Nursing & Health Sciences will call you to schedule an interview.
About the School
With a presence in the Quad Cities for more than 100 years, Trinity College of Nursing & Health Sciences has become the community leader in developing experienced and knowledgeable health professi ... Read More