Become a recognized nurse leader and start making a positive impact on your patients, your peers, and your supervisors. The online MSN from Saint Xavier University supports your transformation into a trusted nurse leader with a high-quality and recognized program that is affordable, accessible and immediately applicable.
- The National League for Nursing (NLN) has designated the SXU School of Nursing as a Center of Excellence in Nursing Education.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks the program No. 1 Best Online Master's in Nursing by (2017).
Whether you want to move into an executive role or focus on patients, you will be prepared to deliver superior care in a fast-moving, technologically advanced health care landscape with advanced business, administrative and clinical skills. The program offers two tracks for different professional goals.
- Executive Leadership (Nurse Administration): Develop the managerial perspective and critical thinking skills to lead the continuous improvement of processes and patient care in a nursing unit or department. Courses in this track help prepare you for the Nurse Executive, Advanced Board Certification exam (NEA-BC) and the Nurse Executive, Board Certification exam (NE-BC) upon completion of administrative employment.
- Clinical Leadership: Learn to become a clinical leader at the point of care with a focus on care coordination, risk assessment, quality improvement, outcome evaluation, teamwork and communication, and the implementation of evidence-based practice. This track also prepares you to take the Clinical Nurse Leader (CNE) certification exam.
- Nurse Educator: Develop teaching techniques and learn how to adapt them to different settings—such as public health classes, hospitals, and schools of nursing. Coursework prepares you for the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) exam.
Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)