Build interprofessional experience across health care disciplines with George Mason University's Master of Science in Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner program.
Join a program ranked in the Top 50 nursing master's degrees in the nation by U.S. News & World Report and learn to provide compassionate, evidence-based primary care.
You'll work with experienced, actively practicing faculty to explore a cutting-edge, community-focused curriculum and develop a discerning eye for medical science research.
- 100% online
- 49 credits
- As few as 2 years to complete
- $43,365 estimated tuition
- Collaboration Across Disciplines. Learn to work with social workers, nutritionists, psychologists, health informaticists, and more, to provide truly holistic care that supports your patients.
- R1 University, High-Quality Education. Benefit from Mason's 40+ years of educating nurses and status as Virginia's largest research university. The MSN-FNP is accredited by the CCNE and approved by Virginia's state boards of nursing and medicine.
- Proven Certification Success. Prepare to sit for exams from the ANCC and the AANP. Mason graduates pass nursing certification exams at a rate above the national average.
Work closely with your patients to prevent disease, promote good health, and treat illness. Enter a field with a median annual salary of $110,930, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
This program is accredited by the Commission on College Nursing Education.
About the School
Located in Fairfax, Virginia, George Mason University is the largest public research university in the Commonwealth of Virginia.