The aim of the program is to educate specialists for practical public health management activities, research, pedagogical work and/or public health doctoral studies. The program is intended for graduates already holding a bachelor’s or master’s degree, who are seeking to broaden their understanding and knowledge in the field of health care management.
- Management of Public Health
- 2 years
- MSc in Health Sciences
- 120 ECTS credits
- 4,200 EUR per year
- Taught in English
After graduation, you can
- Work in managerial positions of health care and public health provider institutions at local, national or international levels;
- Serve at health-related NGOs, public health projects, actions, and initiatives, as well as WHO Europe and different European health policy institutions;
- Work at the pharmaceutical and insurance industry;
- Play leadership roles in the health care system;
- Play leadership roles in the health care system;
- Pursue a professional career in research and teaching in the field of health care management.
Structure of the program
what you will learn each year
- Year 1: Public Health and Health Care, Management and Organizational Governance, Health Ethics and Human Relations, Health Policy and Strategy, Health Impact Assessment, Applied Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Qualitative Research Methods, Research Work.
- Year 2: Health Information Management, Health Economics, and Applied Finances, Health Law, Health Care Organization Practice, Preparation and Defence of Master’s Thesis.
Why study Management of Public Health at LSMU?
- Studies at the largest School of Public Health in the Baltic countries.
- Diploma recognized in the EU, USA, and other countries.
- The multicultural environment and student community: international students from 70 different countries make up nearly 17% of the total student population at LSMU.
- This program gives the skills to understand the concept and practice of health management, to look across borders and to learn from practices elsewhere. Moreover, the program helps to acquire public health and health care leadership competencies required for policymaking and development at organizational, regional, national and European levels.
- Possibility to study in a double degree program, which is a joint study scheme within two universities, resulting in acquiring two Master diplomas in two years of studies: Lithuanian University of Health Sciences and Maastricht University (Netherlands), Master program Governance and Leadership in European Public Health.
- Possibility to spend a semester or a year abroad with the Erasmus+ exchange program.
- Support system for students’ adaptation mentoring, tutoring and psychological counseling.
International students could be admitted into the English program of the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences if they provide the legalized high school or college certificate and transcript (officially translated into English) and meet the Entrance Exam requirements. Good grades in biology, chemistry, and physics will give preference. Good knowledge of the English language is obligatory.
Items to be submitted (in English or with an authorized English translation):
- Matriculation / School Leaving Certificate confirmed by the governmental authorities (see below "Legalization of Educational Documents");
- Transcripts of high school/ senior secondary school courses verifying successful completion of General Biology and General Chemistry. For Health Psychology program - Mathematics and General Biology;
- Certificate proving the knowledge of the English language: TOEFL – minimum 65 points (iBT); IELTS – above 5.5 points; the certificate confirming the knowledge of a foreign language at minimum B2 level (CEFR) or similar. If you are not able to present any certificate proving the knowledge of the English language you will have to take an English language test prepared by the University. The English language test will be given on the same day as the test in Biology/Chemistry;
- Motivation letter;
- Brief CV;
- Passport or ID copy;
- Health Certificate based on complete medical examination;
- Three passport-type photographs (3x4 cm);
- Application fee 150 EUR (nonrefundable).
"The first positive impression was the hospitality and kindness of our new teachers. I didn’t realize that I could meet students from all European countries and discover something new about their life and culture for myself. In the University clinics, I further engaged in scientific activities, which allowed me to participate in many European and world conferences, getting acquainted with the leading physicians from different fields of medicine. Moreover, over the last six years, the University and Kauno Klinikos have made significant progress regarding educational and technical matters." - Tomas Kurakovas
About the School
The University is the largest institution of higher education for biomedical sciences in Lithuania, successfully integrating studies, research, and clinical practice. LSMU consists of two main academi ... Read More