ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER WITH OUR ONLINE EXERCISE SCIENCE GRADUATE PROGRAM
The Master of Science in Applied Exercise Science program was designed in partnership with the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) and the International Society of Sports Nutrition (ISSN). The five distinct concentrations prepare individuals for certification exams with NASM, ISSN, and NSCA. Students enrolled in our online masters of exercise science graduate program may pursue multiple concentrations concurrently and still complete the program in as little as a year and a half.
WHY PURSUE A SPORTS PERFORMANCE TRAINING DEGREE CONCENTRATION FROM CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY-CHICAGO?
The Sports Performance and Training concentration was designed for coaches, athletic trainers and other sports professionals who work with all levels of athletes from high school players up through Olympic competitors. This strand prepares individuals for the Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES) exam.
According to the NASM website, “top teams in the NFL and NBA have now begun requiring the NASM–PES credential.” Accelerate your career with a Sports Performance Training Degree.
Your tuition is guaranteed to not increase while you study
SMALL CLASS SIZES
Get to know your peers & professor with only 18 students per class
CLASSES START EVERY 8 WEEKS
You can get started as soon as you would like. You don’t have to wait
- 100% online
- Asynchronous (you don’t have to log-on at a certain time)
- 1-year tract or traditional tract available
- 1-year is 2 classes per term allowing you to finish in 1-year
- Traditional is 1 class per term allowing you to finish in 18 months
- Dual concentrations are available
- Adding a concentration will add an additional 12 credit hours (4 classes) to your program
The faculty at Concordia University can be found hard at work in the fields they teach-specialties in kinesiology and sports studies. At Concordia, we realize that a top-flight education in only possible with best-in-class instructors with real-world experience. We recruit passionate professionals from around the globe who are committed to helping you achieve your academic and professional goals.
Our faculty is experienced and distinguished, combining years of hands-on clinical experience with extensive academic knowledge and teaching experience. Many of our faculty have the highest credential available in the field in which they teach. They demonstrate the highest degree of professional skills and find unique ways to convey that knowledge in our remote online curriculum.
A variety of career paths are attainable with a Masters degree in Sports Leadership
A Masters degree in Applied Exercise Science from Concordia University Chicago can open many doors in numerous fields.
Our exercise science degree programs are 100% online, allowing students to achieve real-life success in their chosen profession while advancing their careers.
Graduates in our graduate degree in exercise science go on to serve in a variety of capacities in fitness, wellness, sports management, and leadership careers. Our students emerge from our programs in as little as 18 months with:
- Increased earning potential
- Job security
- Job opportunities
- Increased job satisfaction
Explore the following career opportunities. Talk with your student advisor for additional information on which degree program is right for you. Many of our students pursue careers in exercise science fields such as these areas:
- Athletic Trainer
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Dietetic Assistant
- Exercise Physiologist
- Fitness Instructor
- Health Coach
- A conferred bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or an equivalent non-U.S. degree.
- To be considered for Full Admission at Concordia University, candidates in the MS Applied Exercise Science program will present a cumulative grade point average above 2.85 or will have earned a master’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- To be considered for Provisional Admission to the program, candidates will present credentials that generally satisfy full admission requirements, but need to satisfy additional admission requirements such as special program prerequisites.
- Note: All admission requirements must be satisfied by the end of the candidate’s first enrolled semester in the program. Provisional Admission is only available to US residents and citizens.
- For students to be considered for Probationary Admission, one or more of the following special conditions may exist: 1) a cumulative GPA between 2.25 and 2.84 (on a 4.0 scale); 2) holding a master’s degree with a cumulative GPA below 3.0; and/or 3) credentials/documents that raise cause for reservation for admission. Students admitted on probationary status must earn a 3.0 GPA in graduate coursework within their first semester of enrollment to continue in the program.
About the School
About us Founded as a teachers’ education college in 1864, Concordia University Chicago today is a comprehensive liberal art and graduate university in River Forest under the leadership of Rev. Dr. Da... Read More