Successful completion of a relevant undergraduate degree with honors in a relevant discipline, with evidence of the ability to conduct supervised research or a qualification or combination of qualifications deemed to be equivalent by the Faculty Research Committee.
The Master of Science by Research (Health Sciences) enables you to undertake supervised research studies in one or more of the Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine’s research areas and groups. It is an internationally recognized research degree and is a pathway to Ph.D. studies.
Potential areas of research opportunity include:
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Nutrition & Dietetics
- Health Professions Education
- Indigenous Health
- Medical Ethics
- Medical Research
- Physiology / Pharmacology
- Public Health
- Sports and Exercise Science
- Sports Management
- Stem Cells
Bond University research students have access to the specialist expertise of our internationally published academics as well as state-of-the-art facilities.
INFORMATION FOR PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS
Before seeking to apply, prospective Masters by Research and Ph.D. students must seek contact with a potential supervisor. Applications will only be considered for enrolment where a supervisor is available. The proposed research must fit within the Faculty’s strategic research plan and within an area of Faculty expertise.
Once a potential supervisor has been sourced, the following information is required in order for applications to be assessed:
- A detailed thesis proposal.
- University academic transcripts for all studies to date (undergraduate and postgraduate). If not already in English, these documents must be translated and certified by the translating body.
- University grading scale if applicable – the grading scale may be found on the reverse of the university academic transcript.
- A Certificate of Completion (Degree/Diploma) is required if the transcript does not indicate that the degree has been awarded/conferred. Both certified translated and untranslated copies of both transcripts and Certificate of Completion should be provided.
- A resume detailing previous work and study history.
- Two written references which should cover the candidate’s abilities, key personal attributes, and capabilities (a minimum of one external reference excluding Bond University will be required).
- International students previously instructed in a language other than English are required to provide certified translated and untranslated copies of both transcripts and Certificate of Completion.
- Applicants whose previous study was not completed in one of the countries listed where English is considered a first language, must provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language.
- A budget proposal for all research supplies. A budget template is available by emailing email@example.com.
The Master of Science by Research (Health Sciences) provides you with research expertise for careers in the university, industry or research sectors.
Graduates may also wish to continue their studies with a Doctor of Philosophy program.