Master of Science - Health Information Management
The objective of the Master of Science Health Information Management Degree is to provide advanced training in the field of Health Technology and Informatics. Students graduating from this graduate-level program will have received instruction in significant areas of health information technology, information systems, and informatics.
The Health Information Management (HIM) program focuses on the management of healthcare data and information resources.
Health Information Management provides an important link between the patient, payers such as insurance companies, and the healthcare providers. Graduates will be able to use technology to collect, store, analyze, and retrieve healthcare data. HIM professionals provide information to other members of the healthcare team for purposes of planning, financing, and evaluating health care services. The program is an excellent career choice for those who wish to work in the healthcare industry but prefer the technology aspect rather than working directly with patients.
Job opportunities for the HIM professional exist in multiple settings throughout the healthcare industry: hospitals, clinics, research facilities, and physician practices.
Total Core Courses
- Overview of Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Development of Healthcare Information Systems
- Healthcare Informatics
- Measuring Healthcare Information Quality
- Healthcare Project Management
- Healthcare Information Security Systems
- Health Information Leadership
- Financial Management of Healthcare Organizations
- Implementation of Electronic Health Records
- Healthcare Information Analysis and Evaluation
- Healthcare Information Law
- Health Information Thesis or Non-Thesis Research
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 5, 2017