Biomedical Engineering, Master of Health Sciences or Master of Science (Technology) or Master of Health Sciences (2 years)
- Interdisciplinary knowledge in medical and health technologies from a theoretical and practical perspective
- Capability to design and implement biomedical measurement systems and health applications, and process multimodal biomedical signals and images
- Opportunity to modify personal study profile according to your professional interests
The International Master’s Degree Programme in Biomedical Engineering (BME) is a two-year interdisciplinary program focusing on biomechanics and medical imaging as well as biomedical signal and image processing. The program will give you relevant skills and core knowledge of the latest methods, tools, and technologies combined with issues such as:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Biomedical Measurements
- Medical Physics and Imaging Techniques
- Biomedical Signal and Image Processing
- Machine Learning
- Health Technology Applications
Finland has an impressive health technology industry and its health care system is worldwide known. The University of Oulu and the OuluHealth innovation ecosystem offer an excellent platform for research and development (R&D).
The BME program is organized by internationally recognized high-quality research groups in close collaboration with the Oulu University Hospital. The program and the international research groups have also cooperation with other health care organizations and the health technology industry.
Master graduate from the BME program typically works in different expert duties in industry, research, education, and health care. He/she may work e.g. as a designer, developer, researcher, service provider, or entrepreneur. Typically the tasks involve a strong international perspective.
Occupational profiles of the graduates
- Developing and testing products in the industry as well as marketing and post-marketing support and managerial tasks
- Research, education, and specialist duties in academia and research institutes
- Consulting on the use and procurement of products, evaluation of performance, maintenance, customization of appliances to clinical and research needs in health care units
- Public official tasks related to the quality control, and management, and establishment of safety standards
Students applying for the program must possess an applicable B.Sc. degree in biomedical engineering, biophysics, physics, computer engineering, computer science, information technology, electrical engineering, control engineering, mechanical engineering, or other related fields.
About the School
The University of Oulu is an international science university that creates innovation for the future, well-being, and knowledge through multidisciplinary research and education. Future innovation is a ... Read More