Advance your pharmacy administrative, financial & leadership skills online. The Master of Science (M.S.) in Health-System Pharmacy Administration is a fully online degree program designed for experienced pharmacists who want to pursue management and leadership positions in hospital and health-system pharmacy practices.
Online Learning Provides Convenience & Flexibility
- 67% of our students are pharmacy residents
- 50% of Health-System Pharmacists will be retiring in the next 10 years
- 33% of our current students are practicing pharmacists
Curriculum delivery is fully online, providing a convenient and flexible opportunity to enable current health care professionals to obtain the skills they need to assume management and leadership positions in hospitals and health-system pharmacy practice environments.
Master of Science (M.S.)
Mid-career practitioners enrolled in the M.S. degree only may finish the program in two to six years. All courses are offered online through Kent State University (KSU) through the Learning Management System (LMS) called Blackboard.
Master of Science (M.S.) / Residency
Students accepted in a concurrent post-graduate HSPA residency program are expected to complete the program in two years. The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) accredited postgraduate residencies, completed concurrently with the two-year M.S. program, allow students to immediately apply hands-on experience gained through clinical and administrative rotations and knowledge gained in the classroom to real-life professional, clinical and management situations. The concurrent two-year specialized residencies in pharmacy administration are conducted currently at the Cleveland Clinic Main Campus or Cleveland Clinic Akron General Medical Center.
Tuition and Fees
Per Credit Hour: $553
Total Tuition (37 credit hours): $20,461
The cost of the program is $553 for each credit hour, plus $38 for a General University fee. An additional $276 fee per credit hour is required from non-residents of Ohio.
The entire program may cost approximately $22,392 for an Ohio resident and $32,604 for a non-resident based on the HSPA current 37 program credit hours, including tuition, general fees, and books.
The Master of Science program is a fully online graduate degree program providing leadership and management training in health-system pharmacy administration.
The program is also available as an M.S./Residency track for residents accepted into the pharmacy administration residency program at the Cleveland Clinic Main Campus or Cleveland Clinic Akron General Medical Center.
Prerequisites for acceptance into the master’s program include:
- Must have a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree or a bachelor’s pharmacy degree.
- A minimum of 3-years of practice experience is preferred.
- Must be licensed pharmacist or eligible for licensure
- The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is waived for candidates with a Pharm.D. or graduate level degree, and an overall GPA of 3.0 or quivalent academic status in a college of pharmacy.
- Complete the NEOMED online admissions application
- Submit three letters of recommendation
- Submit transcripts and test scores
- Submit current curriculum vitae
- Submit a personal statement (i.e., why you want to take this program)
330.325.6784 | email@example.com
Program taught in: