University of Canberra has an array of Scholarships Available for International Students.
Strengthen Your Physiotherapy Career.
If you’re a Physiotherapist looking for career advancement, then the UC Master of Physiotherapy course will provide you with the knowledge and research skills to help take your career to a whole new level.
This 2-year, full-time course is perfect for those wanting to focus their physiotherapy knowledge in a specific area, looking to influence industry standards, or perhaps take a step into a more research-based Academic career.
No matter what your motivation, this course will give you both the experience and the qualifications to have your work recognised at a higher level; which in turn could lead to opportunities to impact change and enhance the health and welfare of the wider community at the national level.
Take the time to start working on improving your own career development register for the UC Master of Physiotherapy course today.
Study a Master of Physiotherapy at UC and you will:
- become a skilled practitioner capable of working in a variety of settings
- receive an integrated learning mix from lecture, laboratory and tutorial sessions with a strong professional practice component
- gain the necessary knowledge, exposure, ethical training and clinical decision-making skills required to practice as a physiotherapist
- gain professional experience in public hospitals and private practices in the ACT, regional NSW or across Australia
- undertake a series of problem-based clinical studies to further develop your skills and adaptability
- acquire expertise and skills in research to test established theories against a body of knowledge in the areas of growth and development, movement dysfunction, pathology or degeneration.
Work Integrated Learning
Throughout your master’s degree, you will have the opportunity to complete clinical practice experience where you can integrate the theoretical and practical components of your course into genuine work environments.
A Master of Physiotherapy at UC is fully accredited by the Australian Physiotherapy Council. Graduates are eligible for registration as a Physiotherapist by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
A range of careers is available for Master of Physiotherapy students including:
- women’s health
- aged care
- burns units and more
- private industry and the government sector.
All students are required to undergo a police record check and present current immunisation records prior to undertaking clinical practice placement in the community.
This course has an early closing date to submit applications by the 31st May of every year for domestic applicants and 31st March every year for international applicants. Domestic applicants must apply through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC).
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
A) a completed bachelor degree in a health science discipline* with a credit or higher average, and
B) degree level studies in musculoskeletal anatomy, advanced functional anatomy, physiology of exercise and biomechanics.
* Health science disciplines include exercise physiology, exercise science, exercise and sports science, medical science, biomedical science, health science, human movement, physiotherapy, physical therapy, applied science, human biology, medicine, rehabilitation science, human nutrition, occupational therapy.
Additional Admission Requirements
All students in the course are required complete clinical practice placements in blocks of time, often outside of teaching time. These clinical practice placements are essential to the program and are assessed.
Prior to commencing clinical practice, all students need to present a complete immunisation schedule, and First Aid certificates including CPR, as a requirement of the ACT and NSW health departments.