- Duration: Two years, part-time
- Advanced standing: Call us to see if you qualify
- Study periods: January, March, April, July, September, November
- Fees: $2300 per unit, find out about FEE-HELP
- Units: 12
Build your capabilities for optimum patient care
Mental health is a growing issue, so there is a need for highly skilled mental health nurse professionals to ensure consumers receive the best possible care.
Study a postgraduate mental health nursing course online with Southern Cross University’s internationally recognized School of Health and Human Sciences. In this program, you will learn from leading and clinically active mental health nurse academics; and access current and clinically relevant, evidence-based coursework through a responsive and interactive learning environment.
This program is designed to prepare nurses for roles within public and private healthcare settings and to build a deep understanding of how to effectively respond to people experiencing mental health challenges.
This nursing course is recognized by the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (ACMHN) and the coursework directly reflects the National Framework for Postgraduate Mental Health Nursing Education. Upon completion, you can use your new qualification as part of the requirements to become a credentialed mental health nurse.
It’s also the first postgraduate program of its kind, developed against the latest mental health industry standards as set by the Australian College of Mental Health Nursing.
- Current, clinically relevant coursework delivered by the internationally recognized School of Health and Human Sciences.
- Access an interactive and responsive learning platform, enabling fluid communication between students and academics.
- Your pathway to becoming a credential mental health nurse by the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses.
- Ongoing support throughout your study journey from a dedicated Student Success Advisor.
To learn more about units, entry requirements, study options and career opportunities just fill in the form on the right for a details program brochure.
Program taught in: