- Advance into leadership and management positions across the diverse health and aging sectors.
- Benefit from flexible study options through online and on-campus learning so you can advance your career while you study.
- Study a unique blend of health and business courses for a contemporary health management focus.
- You may have the opportunity to partner with industry whilst completing a major project targeting real-world health management issues.
- Study a curriculum informed by above world-class research in Business and Management*.
- Shorten the duration of your studies with advanced standing or credit if you have a relevant qualification.
*2018 Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
If you are a health or medical professional looking to develop and enhance your leadership, management, and business skills, this master degree may be for you.
In two years of full-time study (or part-time equivalent), youâll be equipped for management roles in the health and aged care sectors. You may be eligible for credit with relevant health or business qualifications which may reduce the time you study to 1.5 years. For experienced leaders this masterâs degree allows you to strengthen your experience, skills, and knowledge with a formal qualification.
Students should note that some courses in this program are offered at our City West campus.
What you'll learn
This masterâs degree is designed to develop your skills in management, administration, leadership, communication, project management, financial management and more.
Studying a unique blend of health and business courses will help you succeed in a health management role.
You will develop skills and knowledge to:
- Provide the overall strategic direction and management for a service, facility, organisation or centre
- Develop, implement and monitor procedures, policies and standards for medical, allied health and administrative staff
- Coordinate and administer health and welfare programs and clinical services
- Control administrative operations such as reporting and budget planning
Why Master of Health Services Management
This new postgraduate qualification is a great option if you are a health professional looking to take the next step in your career by combining health and business for a contemporary health management focus.
This qualification is ideal if you want the flexibility and convenience that comes with blended on-campus and online learning â we offer accessible digital learning facilities and dedicated support staff who are with you every step of the way.
Our strong focus on developing industry skills means you will complete a capstone course in Health Services Management. As part of this, you may be able to deliver a project completed with an industry partner or your employer.
As part of your management studies, youâll also be learning at a Business School ranked in the top 1% worldwide(1), and internationally recognised for excellence in teaching, education, and research.
As Australiaâs University of Enterprise:
- we are the largest university in South Australia with more than 31,000 students
- we are ranked 26th in the world's top 50 under 50(2)
Our commitment to research with an industry focus is unprecedented in South Australia. In the most recent Excellence in Research for Australia evaluation (2015), 97 percent of our assessed research was rated world-class or above. We are also fast becoming a renowned centre of innovation and enterprise in the sectors that will drive Australia's future, including health and biomedicine.
Itâs a very good time to choose UniSA for your postgraduate study.
(1). UniSA Business School is one of just nine institutions in the country and 174 globally to be accredited by EQUIS. There are a total pool of 16,521 business schools worldwide, AACSB, May 2017
(2). 2017 QS Top 50 Universities Aged Under 50
As an experienced health professional, the Master of Health Services Management will provide you with an advanced postgraduate qualification, preparing you for a range of leadership and management positions in the health and aging sectors.
Graduates can work in a wide variety of health and aging settings in senior leadership roles such as:
- clinical manager
- practice manager
- aged care manager
- health and welfare services manager
- medical or hospital administrator
- primary health organization manager
Real World Connections
Learn from industry-experienced researchers and academics across business and health, giving you the opportunity to build valuable industry networks and relationships. Your capstone course in Health Services Management may also enable you to deliver a health service relevant project with an industry partner or your employer.
We also host regular University-wide employee master classes and employment expos, and alumni events in Australia and overseas.
About the School
The University of South Australia is a progressive and globally-engaged university, ranked in the top 10 universities in Australia* and awarded five QS Stars for Excellence. With nearly 32,000 student ... Read More