The way we live and work is changing rapidly and the coronavirus pandemic is accelerating trends and driving changes at an unprecedented speed. To succeed in a new future that is being shaped now, leaders in healthcare need to diversify their business practices, supply chains, and inventory sources; build global relationships; navigate changes; and inspire innovation.
The Master of Global Management in Healthcare Services is a specialized concentration for health leaders of Thunderbird’s Master of Global Management (MGM) degree, which earned the No. 1 Master's in Management ranking in the Times Higher Education/WSJ 2019 Business Schools Report. The degree program was designed for remote learners and features a cutting-edge learning platform and content that is hosted 100% online.
With a history of global focus and constant innovation, Thunderbird is uniquely positioned to help health leaders not only to navigate the world currently but to excel in future trends. The program explores relevant topics such as global business environments, global management strategy, healthcare policy, and innovation, leading digital, and data decision-making.
Hannah Busing / Unsplash
Global Leadership for the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- #1 Master's in Management ranking globally in the Times Higher Education/Wall Street Journal 2019 Business Schools Report
- #1 Most Innovative School in the U.S. in the U.S. News & World Report for five years in succession (2016–2020)
- #1 Internationalism of Alumni in The Economist 2015
The program consists of 49 credits in total. 43 credit hours online will be a blend of video lectures, simulations, exercises, and exams as well as active discussion and team-based learning. The curriculum will explore topics such as global accounting, health administration and management, financial value creation for leaders, digital and data decision-making, global leadership, personal development, global marketing strategy, and international communication and negotiation. 6 credit hours are designed as in-person applied project practicums where students will identify, analyze, and solve problems for real-world clients in the healthcare industry.
The curriculum for our master’s degree in healthcare management contains the following sequences:
- TAM 505 — Navigating Global and Regional Business Environments
- TGM 506 — Communicating and Negotiating Across Cultures
- TAM 511 — Global Accounting: Managing with Numbers
- TAM 557 — Global Marketing Strategy and Management
- HCI 538 — Innovation and the Individual
- HCI 542 — Systems thinking in a Complex Environment
- TGM 580 — Applied Learning I (Practicum)
- HCI 550 — Healthcare Policy and Innovation
- HCI 540 — Principles of Evidence-Based Practice
- HCI 554 — Outcomes Evaluation
- TGM 598 — Special Topics in Healthcare
- TAM 541 — Strategy in a Competitive World
- TAM 521 — Financial Value Creation for Leaders
- TAM 530 — Leading Digital and Data Decision Making
- TAM 542 — Global Leadership and Personal Development
- TGM 580 — Applied Learning 2 (Practicum)
- TGM 597 — Personal Development Capstone
Graduates of the Master of Global Management in Healthcare Services co-created by Arizona State University’s Thunderbird School of Global Management and Dignity Health Global Education (DHGE) will gain confidence, knowledge, and skills in the following areas:
- Global leadership
- Cross-cultural dynamics and negotiation
- Healthcare business
- Practical/experiential training
- Diverse elective options
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university degree program
- Competitive TOEFL, IELTS or PTE scores (if you did not graduate from an English-speaking university in a native English-speaking country)
- Submission of an online application, including
- Resume documenting the professional and academic history
- One essay answering an application question
- Contact information for 1 professional or academic reference
- Official transcripts from all previously attended undergraduate and graduate institutions
- Admissions interview(s), if applicable
Fees and Program Costs
This healthcare concentration for Thunderbird’s Master of Global Management (MGM) program, which earned the No. 1 Master's in Management ranking in the Times Higher Education/Wall Street Journal 2019 Business Schools Report, is an exclusive bundled experience of world-leading online learning content, thought-leadership pieces, and applicable experiences that future leaders can apply to their work right away.
- Program cost: $70,000
- Application fees: $70 domestic and $115 international
- Program deposit: $500. The enrollment deposit confirms your acceptance of admission and reserves your seat in the program, allowing you to register for your first term courses. All deposit funds are applied to your student account.
Who should study this program?
This blended online master’s degree program is designed for healthcare professionals looking to gain global perspectives, identify international opportunities within the healthcare sector, grow their network, and diversify their leadership practice.
With a No. 1 ranking as the Public University of Choice for International Students (ASU, according to the 2018 Open Doors Report, Institute of International Education) and a No. 1 ranking for Internationalism of Alumni (The Economist 2015), Thunderbird offers strong networking opportunities with like-minded professionals who are highly skilled and highly tenured in healthcare.
About Thunderbird School of Global Management
Thunderbird School of Global Management is a unit of the Arizona State University Knowledge Enterprise. Combined, they hold numerous rankings such as a No. 1 Master's in Management from the Times Higher Education/Wall Street Journal Business Schools Report 2019; No. 1 for the Public University of Choice for International Students (ASU) in the 2018 Open Doors Report by the Institute of International Education; No. 1 for Most Innovative School in the U.S. (ASU) in the U.S. News & World Report for five years in succession (2016–2020); and No. 1 for Internationalism of Alumni; among others.
Thunderbird School of Global Management is the vanguard of global leadership, management, and business education for the Fourth Industrial Revolution. They prepare future-ready leaders, managers, entrepreneurs, and intrapreneurs across the private and public sectors who advance inclusive and sustainable prosperity worldwide.
About the School
Dignity Health Global Education (DHGE) is the leading healthcare workforce development company. Dedicated to providing customized educational opportunities and a student-centric experience, we develop ... Read More