The University Master's Degree in Synthesis, Catalysis and Molecular Design provides students with in-depth theoretical knowledge of the field and new techniques in product synthesis, catalyst development, management of environment-friendly chemical processes, and computational design. It is primarily research-oriented, so graduates will be able to undertake research, development, and innovation in the industry.
This master's program has been accredited by the national quality agency with the Excellence label, the highest in the Spanish university system.
i) To provide high-level scientific training in the fields of molecular synthesis, catalysis, and design, so that graduates can undertake doctoral studies and pursue a scientific or academic career.
ii) To provide graduates with a capacity for innovation and the necessary skills to synthesize sustainable chemical products and processes in the professional world.
The aims of the courses are the following:
- To enable students to use synthetic methodologies and design ways of obtaining new products with the tools of computational chemistry.
- To familiarise students with modern techniques for characterizing molecular compounds, surfaces, and solids.
- To provide tools for understanding the most advanced principles and applications of catalysis.
- To train students to design chemical processes on a laboratory or industrial scale through channels that meet the standards of sustainability and environmental friendliness.
- To provide students who wish to undertake doctoral studies with more advanced, specific knowledge relevant to their research: synthesis, catalysis or modeling.
This is a primarily research-oriented program but is suitable for graduates who wish to pursue a career in the manufacturing sector.
It provides the following career opportunities:
- Doctoral studies
- Leading sectors of production that have interdisciplinary research groups. The spectrum is broad, as most industrial processes require catalysts. However, the sectors with which the master's degree is most involved are fine chemicals in general: synthesis of intermediates, pharmaceutical chemistry, agricultural chemistry, plant protection products and synthesis of polymers and smart materials. Graduates will be able to design and develop new products and processes in chemical companies in general
This Master's Degree is designed for students who have an official university degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Chemical Engineering or related science.
About the School
We are a young and dynamic university serving the needs of society, with an international outlook and a close relationship with our immediate socioeconomic environment.