Master’s Degree in Sports Physiology and Genetics
- Faculty: Sports Biomedicine
- Language: English B2 level or IELTS 6.0/TOEFL 5.50
- Credits: 120 ECTS
- Begins: September
- Study type: Full-time
- Duration: 2 years
- Annual tuition fee: 1000 EUR; Non-Europe – 1600 EUR
- Prerequisites: Higher University education, Bachelor’s degree in Sports, Rehabilitation/Physiotherapy, public health, ecology.
- Diploma: Master of Life Sciences
On the basis of achievements in international level fundamental and applied interdisciplinary science and technologies, to train Masters of Life Sciences to be able to creatively develop knowledge of sports biology, independently organize and carry out research, use the results obtained in the preparation, execution and evaluation of different level programs related to the activity of physiological functions in the human body under regular conditions and the conditions of physical loads and solve problems of physical health, nutrition and physical fitness for people and continue studies at postgraduate level.
Scientific knowledge and idea management; Communication: social and academic integration; Leadership and change management; Continuous professional and personal development; Analysis and synthesis of knowledge in sports biology; Research activities; Practical scientific (research and development) activities.
Graduates will be able to work in the fields of:
- Fitness testing of athletes and team members so that an accurate physiological profile of the individual can be obtained.
- Developing specific fitness training programs and monitoring adherence to them.
- Providing regular monitoring and reassessment of an athlete’s training plan.
- Engaging with the coaching staff to maximize the effects of training.
- Educating and advising athletes and coaches on areas such as heart rate monitoring, recovery techniques, hydration strategies, overtraining, acclimatization and periodization (the breaking down of a training program into a cycle of sub-programs).
- Providing benchmark physiological information to enable long-term athletic development.
- Working in collaboration with other sport and exercise professionals such as physiotherapists, dietitians, strength and conditioning coaches, and sports psychologists.
- Using specialist resources and equipment such as aqua pacers, osmometers, and electronic timing systems.
- Generating reports and producing longitudinal studies.
- Keeping abreast of ongoing research.
- Raising awareness of health and fitness issues and promoting the benefits of sport and exercise.
- Attending local, regional and national meetings, seminars and conferences.
- Teaching in academic courses.
Graduates will be able to perform research and development activities in the area of sports physiology and genetics in public (universities, colleges, research centers) and private (sports teams, health, and fitness centers) organizations. They will be qualified to continue their studies towards a Ph.D. in biomedical sciences.
About the School
Lithuanian Sports University (LSU) is proud to be the only specialized university in Lithuania, which has been uniting Movement and Sports Science for over eight decades.