The MPH is a multidisciplinary program which by incorporating education, research and community service, works to develop the skills a public health professional requires for the protection of health as well as disease prevention in the individual and the community.
The MPH is a multi-disciplinary program that provides education, research and community service to develop skills of ethical and competent public health practitioners and researchers, who will excel in disease prevention, health promotion and health protection in the local and global communities.
The two-year 55-credit program is offered during the evenings (Mondays to Thursdays) in trimester format under the following specialties:
P.H.S.U.: PUBLIC HEALTH PROGRAM -MPH ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH P.H.S.U.: PUBLIC HEALTH PROGRAM -MPH EPIDEMIOLOGY P.H.S.U.: PUBLIC HEALTH PROGRAM -MPH GENERAL
- Bachelor’s degree from a college level institution accredited by the PR Council of Education or by a US Department of Education recognized accrediting organization including the following courses:
- Minimum GPA of 2.50, however, our classes average is 3.2 (on a four-point scale)
- EXADEP, GRE or MCAT examinations (no more than five years old)
- Submit the following documents:
- Official transcript from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended.
- Official GRE, EXADEP or MCAT scores (if the candidate does not hold a health professional degree).
- Three letters of recommendation written by professors or individuals familiar with the applicant’s professional work and skills using the format provided with the application form.
- Certificate of No Penal Record
- Application processing fee of USD$75.00 (non-refundable)
The Admissions Committee selects the best candidates. The Committee looks for accepting students of integrity and maturity that show concern for others and leadership potential. In evaluating the applicants, an emphasis is placed uonthe following:
- Potential to work with individuals, analytical skills, and understanding of ethical standards of the profession.
- Past experience in research projects or potential for the development of research skills.
- Academic achievement (GRE, EXADEP, MCAT scores)
- Motivation and emotional stability
- Letters of recommendation (see the previous description)
Upon acceptance, all students are required to submit the following:
- Written confirmation of acceptance and a non-refundable deposit of USD$100.00 to secure the seat in the entering class.
- Physical Exam (using a form provided by the Admissions Office)
- Health Certificate from the Department of Health of PR
- Evidence of up to date immunization record (must include Varicella, Td Adult, MMR and three doses of Hepatitis B).
- Policy on Technical Standards
- Other documents will be notified as pertinent.
The program is designed to take 2 years to complete. Of those that completed the program in 2014-2015, 95% finished in 2 years.
Cost & Fees
Tuition and fees: $20,937
Books and supplies: $3,411
On-campus room & board: not offered
*The amounts shown above include costs for the entire program, assuming normal time to completion. Note that this information is subject to change.
Financing for this program may be available through grants, scholarships, loans (federal and private) and institutional financing plans.
The median amount of debt for program graduates is shown below:
Federal loans: $41,000
Private education loans: $0
Institutional financing plan: $0
Program taught in: