Requirements for the degree must be completed within five years from the candidate's date of matriculation (exclusive of time spent in the Armed Forces).
An exception may be made by the director of the program if the student's request demonstrates circumstances beyond his or her control that temporarily interfere with the ability to complete the program on time.
The program is designed for part-time students taking six credits per semester. The curriculum is organized so that the core courses are offered prior to the specialization courses. Specialization courses are offered prior to the practicum course. All courses are offered either on the site or online.
Nursing/Nursing Administration M.S. Curriculum
- Core 15 Credits
- Specialization 21 Credits
Total 36 Credits
- NURS 502 Computer Technology
- NURS 503 Health Policy
- NURS 510 Dvsrty: Family as Lens
- NURS 514 Phlsphcl Fndtns of Nursing
- NURS 520 Rsrch Prspctvs & Methods
- NURS 601 Capstone Part I
- NURS 602 Capstone Part II
- NURS 638 Healthcare and Human Resource Management for Nurse Administrators
- NURS 644 Nurs & Health Care Financing
- NURS 646 Strtgc Plng Health Care Org
- NURS 648 Measure Org Perform Hlth Care
- NURS 700 Nurs ED or ADM Practicum
The Nursing Administration Program requires completion of a written comprehensive Capstone project as part of the degree requirements.