Myofunctional therapy is one of the applications of speech therapy oriented to the healing of alterations related to the functionality of the muscles. Nowadays, it is considered one of the most advanced therapies and with the greatest demand.
Its application can be either active, with voluntary participation of the patient itself, or passive, with application of different techniques and maneuvers by the therapist. There are many applications in both children and adults: atypical swallowing, mouth breathing, neurological or neuromuscular pathologies, dysphagia, previous and / or subsequent to reconstructive plastic surgery, TCE, etc.
The need for training is detected in the absence of information on the incidence of myofunctional orofacial disorders and other deglutition disorders, as well as the lack of knowledge of the therapy. With this master's you will acquire the necessary knowledge to analyze the different normal and pathological orofacial behaviors of the structures that intervene in the basic functions (respiration, chewing, swallowing, speech) and design an individualized myofunctional intervention plan for each pathology by deepening, expanding of knowledge, development of skills and research production.
Master's Program in Myofunctional Therapy
- Myofunctional therapy concept. Theoretical frameworks and fields of application. Anatomy and physiology Morphophysiology of the TMJ, scapular waist and skull. Biomechanics, handling and palpation.
- Myofunctional evaluation and classification of swallowing disorders. Analysis of cases.
- Muscle chains. Approach of the patient according to his morphotype. Manual analytical stretching and active global stretching.
- Clinical odonto-pediatric exploration. Orthodontic appliances
- Logopedic intervention in functional alterations; mouth breathing, atypical swallowing. Procedures and materials. Analysis of cases.
- Application of Myofunctional Therapy in speech and language disorders.
- Myofunctional approach to preterm neonate.
- Craniofacial syndromes and cleft lip-palate. Pathology, medical-surgical intervention and interdisciplinary referral. Logopedic intervention in craniofacial syndromes. MODULE 9. Intervention in neurodevelopmental disorders: cerebral palsy.
- Myofunctional intervention in genetic alterations. Down's Syndrome.
- Logopédica and myofunctional intervention in neurological disorders: acquired and degenerative.
- Myofunctional intervention in dysphagia and myofunctional disorders in chordal paralysis, laryngectomies, tumors and reconstructive surgeries.
- Practical workshop on dysphagia and feeding.
Practice / Practice Report.
Final work of master.
Director of the Master in Myofunctional Therapy
Milagros Velasco. Teacher and speech therapist. Expert in voice rehabilitation, Myofunctional Therapy and SAACs (alternative and / or augmentative communication systems). Director of the Dental Clinic-logopedia DYL. Speech therapist in Cadi-Crisol (Cuenca) and in the Multiple Sclerosis Association (Cuenca).
Competences of the Master in Myofunctional Therapy
- You will master the techniques to explore, evaluate and diagnose possible alterations and will perform an effective myofunctional intervention.
- You will identify and recognize the fundamental aspects of anatomy, physiology and biomechanics.
- You will design and establish an intervention program with an interdisciplinary approach that incorporates the most appropriate strategies.
- You will interpret the results of a clinical diagnosis.
- You will review, expand and put into practice different myofunctional intervention techniques in different pathologies.
Recipients of the Master's Degree in Myofunctional Therapy
The Master in Myofunctional Therapy is aimed at graduates or graduates in specific fields with training in speech therapy through a postgraduate, master or diploma course.
About the School
El Instituto Superior de Estudios Psicológicos, ISEP, es una institución privada europea de formación superior e intervención clínica en las áreas de psicología clínica, neurociencias, psicopedagogía ... Read More