- Academic degree: MsC (Bologna 2rd cycle degree)
- ECTS: 120
- Duration: 2 curricular years
- Regime: Normal
- Place: Gualtar Campus, Braga
- Main Scientific area: Molecular Genetics
The area of Molecular Genetics presents enormous scientific advances, being one of the areas in constant development. Thus, the Master in Molecular Genetics is organized to provide theoretical and practical training in the areas of molecular genetics and biotechnology, cellular and functional biology, and genomics and bioinformatics, to provide advanced and current skills in these areas of knowledge.
The courses focus mainly on the molecular understanding of cellular function and complex biological processes, and on the use of modern research tools and techniques to unravel these molecular mechanisms. The course is organized in two years, the 1st year is devoted to learning the fundamentals of the specific scientific areas and in the second year students will develop individual research projects, which will be formally presented both written, as a thesis, and orally in a public discussion.
This course is intended for students with high C1 level groundwork in Biological Sciences or related subject or an equivalent curriculum. Students with significant relevant experience may be considered.
At the end of the master's degree in Molecular Genetics more than 50% of our students go on to do a PhD degree. The completion of this master's degree also allows the acquisition of technical and scientific skills to carry out professional activities in higher education and industries in the fields of health, environment, industry and agro-alimentary such as:
- Researchers at research centers and R&D companies;
- Specialized laboratory technicians in agro-alimentary industries, clinical laboratories, hospitals, research centers, schools and universities;
- Sales employees in the pharmaceutical industry or companies selling scientific equipment and materials;
- Experts in national / international or non-governmental organizations.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 22, 2016