This inter-University Master’s Degree with the Universitat de Barcelona is the continuation of the URV-specific degree Anthropology of Medicine (1994-2000), and the Master's Degree in Medical Anthropology and Global Health (2006-2014). It is considered the best master’s degree taught in Spanish in Europe and Latin America because of the quality of its lecturers and the research carried out.
Its aim is to provide students with a solid foundation in the theories, techniques, and methodologies of medical anthropology. On graduating they should be able to translate social problems into anthropological research questions and transform the research into practical policies, thus contributing to social innovation and new health-care models.
From 2020-21 course onwards, the master takes 90 ECTS instead of 120 ECTS.
- Universitat Rovira I Virgili (coordinating university)
- Universitat de Barcelona
- Institución Milá y Fontanals - CSIC
Graduates in Inter-university Master's Degree in Medical Anthropology and Global Health are trained to join the labor market in the following areas:
- Public and private agencies that provide assessment in the health sector
- International health, health promotion and education, and public health
- Teaching the sociology of health at universities and other institutions
- Health management and planning
- Cultural psychiatry and psychology
- Gerontology and age
- International health intervention
- Health in the environmental field
- High-level international research into global health
Buro Millennial / Pexels
Aimed at students and professionals from the field of health (medical sciences, nursing, physiotherapy, and social work), who work or are interested in international health organizations in the field of environment, social education or mediation and who want to receive training in the social sciences to give answer to a better and more efficient social intervention. It is also aimed at those who wish to develop research in the socio-health field. Students with training in the field of social and cultural anthropology and other social science careers, such as sociology, who are interested in specializing in the field of health.
As well as the compulsory general documentation required for pre-enrolment in the program, you can also submit:
- Proof of a higher level of English than required (elementary).
- Proof of complementary training relevant to the content of the master's degree (courses, seminars or other training activities).
- Proof of extended stays (at least four weeks) in English-speaking countries.
- Suitability of the admission qualification: up to 4 points, according to the following scale:
- Degrees in the humanities and social sciences: up to 4 points.
- Graduates in the field of health sciences: up to 4 points.
- Other qualifications: 0 points.
- Evaluation of the student’s academic record in the university degree that qualifies them for admission to the master's degree: up to 3 points.
- A higher level of English than required (elementary): up to 1 point.
- Complementary training relevant to the content of the master's degree (for which proof must be provided): up to 1 point.
- Extended stays (at least four weeks) in English-speaking countries, for which proof must be provided: up to 1 point.
About the School
The Universitat Rovira i Virigili is located in the province of Tarragona, close to Barcelona, in one of the most popular tourist destinations in Europe. It is a young and dynamic university serving ... Read More