The University Master's Degree in Medical Anthropology and Global Health will provide you with a solid foundation in theories, techniques and methodologies in medical anthropology to translate social problems into anthropological research questions and transform this research into practical policies that can help create social innovations and find new models for health intervention.
Covid 19 update: Temporarily, during the 2020-21 academic year, students can complete their studies entirely online.
Graduates in University Master's Degree in Medical Anthropology and Global Health cann join the labor market in the following areas:
- Public and private agencies that provide assessment in the health sector
- International health, health promotion and education, and public health
- Teaching the sociology of health at universities and other institutions
- Health management and planning
- Cultural psychiatry and psychology
- Gerontology and age
- International health intervention
- Health in the environmental field
- High-level international research into global health
Aimed at students and professionals from the field of health (medical sciences, nursing, physiotherapy, and social work), who work or are interested in international health organizations in the field of environment, social education or mediation and who want to receive training in the social sciences to give answer to a better and more efficient social intervention. It is also aimed at those who wish to develop research in the socio-health field. Students with training in the field of social and cultural anthropology and other social science careers, such as sociology, who are interested in specializing in the field of health.
About the School
We are a young and dynamic university serving the needs of society, with an international outlook and a close relationship with our immediate socioeconomic environment.