The health care sector is one of the largest business sectors worldwide, with great potential for development and excellent job perspectives. What it needs are above all people who can decisively optimize the business of health care, improve competitive advantage and run projects.
For a management role in the health care sector, broad sector knowledge is a distinct advantage- regardless of where you want to work: in health insurance, hospitals, pharmaceuticals, medical tourism or ambulatory care.
The health care concentration in the master of international management will teach you the complex processes of health care management. Over four semesters, it'll give you the know-how you'll need to step into a managerial role in health care.
Focus on Health Care Management
The health care concentration focuses on five core areas: international health care systems, clinical supply chain management, clinical governance and risk, evidence based medicine and strategic hospital management.
Within this concentration you'll become familiar with the current public and private health systems as well as with concepts for planning, developing and implementing logistical processes in clinical areas. You'll develop competency in auditing and quality management, monitoring and risk management as well as the key concepts of personnel management and employee development. In a business context you'll look at the basics of the medical treatment process and identify the most important requirements in the strategic management of health organizations.
- English is the language of the campus
- Specialisation in Health Care Management
- Training of soft skills and course that focus on business and personnel management as well as methods of negotiation
Outstanding Teaching and Individual Attention
- Reknowned professors from abroad and faculty with international experience teach and pass on their practical knowledge in a personal and supportive context
- Intensive work in small study groups with an international profile (About 20 students)
- Individual support from professors and lecturers
- Consistently high practical orientation
- Academic knowledge is consequently taught in case studies, project work and applied research projects
- High degree of practical relevance through guest speakers, company presentations, corporate projects and field trips
Top Infrastructure on campus
- Campus with student apartments, WLAN on campus and diverse dining facilities
- Our Career Services, International Office and Alumni Network advise and support you during your studies and in the process of planning your career
Facts & Figures
- Degree: Master of Arts
- Duration of study: 4 semesters (3 semesters study + 1 semester Master thesis)
- ECTS-Credits: 120
- Studies: full-time
- Language of instruction: English
- Campus: Bad Honnef, Berlin
- Intake: Spring & Autumn
Your benefits at IUBH
- Faculty with international business, consulting and academic experience
- Instruction in small, international groups, in English
- Exclusive campus community - faculty and staff know you by name
- Theory and practice combined in case studies and projects with international organisations
- Opportunity to develop the social, professional and intercultural skills you will need to work in management
- Global network of industry contacts
- Extensive, foreign language programme
By the way: Request now free information material and get a surprise!
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 16, 2017