Health Management is the only program of the kind in the Baltics. It gives the opportunity to obtain theoretical and practical knowledge in health management field based on a European and international approach to health system management and applicable in real work. This study program is module-based, and part of the teaching staff is invited from foreign Universities. The program is jointly implemented by Riga Stradiņš University (RSU) and Riga International School of Economics and Business Administration.
Health Management is among the best Master and MBA programs in Eduniversal Ranking 2015!
Master in Health Management - Top 200 Best Masters in Eastern Europe Ranking - Ranked N° 63!
- Degree awarded: Master in Health Management
- Professional qualification: Business Executive
- Language of instruction: English
- Form of study: Full-time studies
- International opportunities: one semester internships abroad (ERASMUS Program)
The program has been designed to
- to develop economic and management knowledge, which are necessary for effective management of organizations and enterprises in the healthcare sector
- to prepare high-level specialists for professional work of a manager in the health sector
- to support the implementation of practical development and change projects in organizations and enterprises in the health sector
Advantages of the program
- you will gain profound knowledge in economics and business administration and be able to find the use of this knowledge in the health industry,
- you will gain knowledge and master skills needed for successful organization/business operational and human resources management,
- you will be able to understand the challenges and possibilities of health policies leaving a positive impact on health consumers and provided services
- you will develop and strengthen a leader’s „must-have” critical knowledge and skills needed for health organization and business administration, including transformation processes management and project management,
- you will master quantitative and qualitative research data collection, management and analytical skills,
- you will work with local and international development, academic and transformation projects in health enterprises and organizations.
Content of the program
- Introductory Course: Basics of Economics (for students without economic or management knowledge, at extra cost)
- Module 1: Fundamentals Public Health and Health Economics
- Module 2: Fundamentals of Management in HC
- Module 3: Health system design
- Module 4: Leadership and Finance in HC
- Module 5: Health system and performance Management
- Module 6: HCO Marketing and Project Management
- Module 7: Research projects and internship
- Final Module and Master Thesis
- completed application,
- a copy of your passport (the original document should be also produced),
- two duplicate photographs (3cm x 4 cm),
- a copy of your bachelor diploma and official transcript. The original document should be also produced,
- Curriculum Vitae (CV),
- a copy of your education certificates and documents proving your participation in seminars, conferences, and congresses. The original documents should be also produced,
- publication copies (if there are such),
- documents registration receipt;
- Valid IELTS (at least 6.0) or TOEFL (at least 550) certificate, or other internationally recognized document certifying English language knowledge. Applicants without any evidence of language knowledge must pass RISEBA English language examination.
Additional requirement: basic knowledge of Economics. Applicants with non-business previous education (2nd level prof. in the field of medicine) must take an additional course in Economics.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 15, 2018