Locations: Barcelona - Madrid
Hours: Madrid VS Barcelona VS
Qualification: Master in Family Therapy issued by ISEP
The Master in Family Therapy responds to the need of health professionals who want rigorous and advanced training in the family environment, addressing the present, globalized and diverse reality of today's families.
The program brings together the fundamental models and paradigms that allow understanding and attending to the multiple problems and new challenges that current families face, putting the importance of the link at the center of the board.
This ISEP master allows acquiring the knowledge, tools and skills necessary to accompany the therapeutic processes from the multiple and essential fields of action: clinical, educational, social and community.
Master's Program in Family Therapy
The different modules are structured in four large content blocks, which are as follows:
- Past and present of family therapy. Theoretical foundations of family therapy.
- Professional skills and evaluation in family therapy.
- Intervention in family therapy in clinical contexts.
- Intervention in family therapy. Monographic.
Block 1: Past and present of family therapy. Theoretical foundations of family therapy
- Module 1: History, evolution and definition of family therapy.
- Module 2: Families. From normative to diverse. Family and diversity.
- Module 3: Ethical and legal issues in family therapy.
Block 2: Professional Skills and Assessment in Family Therapy
- Module 4: Skills and role of the therapist in family therapy.
- Module 5: Evaluation in family therapy.
Block 3: Intervention in family therapy in clinical contexts
- Module 6: Individual intervention in family therapy.
- Module 7: Child and Youth Intervention in Family Therapy.
- Module 8: Intervention with couples in family therapy.
Block 4: Intervention in family therapy. Monographic
- Module 9. Family therapy: other forms of parenting.
- Module 10: Family therapy: family, illness and disability
- Module 11: Family therapy: family and loss. Grief in family therapy.
- Module 12: Family therapy: family and lack of protection. Family and violence.
- Module 13: Family therapy: family and culture. Family and immigration.
- Module 14: Family therapy: family and separation / divorce
- Module 15: Family therapy: family and addictions.
- Module 16: Family Therapy: Family and Eating Disorders and Food Intake.
- Module 17: Intervention in non-clinical contexts. School context.
- Module 18: Clinical cases.
- Module 19: ISEP Lead. Develop your professional project and personal brand.
- Module 20: Practices / Practice Report
- Module 21: Final Master's Project
Competences of the Master in Family Therapy
- You will acquire general knowledge about the history and evolution of family therapy, unraveling paradigms and theoretical foundations as the basis for therapeutic interventions.
- You will visit the different schools of thought that support current family therapy.
- You will recognize the historical trajectory of the family, to attend to their present reality.
- You will become familiar with the sociological changes that affect contemporary families and understand their new challenges and realities.
- You will deepen and train the skills of the specialist therapist in family therapy.
- You will carry out the management of incidents that may arise in the exercise of the profession, reflecting on important ethical and legal issues in the field of family therapy.
- You will review the ethics of the discipline and more specifically in family matters.
- You will identify and apply rigorously and correctly the various techniques and instruments of evaluation and diagnosis of individual and family problems.
- You will train the skills and techniques of the first interviews, family and individual.
- You will learn to organize operationally the information obtained in evaluation and to make congruent readings to draw up adjusted intervention plans.
- You will exercise functional analysis and the design of preventive and interventional plans.
- You will identify the common elements of the different models of family intervention.
- You will become familiar and practice with individual interventions, with minors, with couples and relatives within the framework of family therapy.
- You will determine the important goals in family therapy.
- You will attend to the various contexts in which the intervention can be carried out and train the necessary skills and tools.
Recipients of the Master in Family Therapy
The Master is aimed at Graduates or Graduates in Psychology, Psychiatry, Social Work or Medicine, or who are studying the last course of such careers.
About the School
El Instituto Superior de Estudios Psicológicos, ISEP, es una institución privada europea de formación superior e intervención clínica en las áreas de psicología clínica, neurociencias, psicopedagogía ... Read More