This master's degree aims to provide participants with skills in the assessment and prescription of exercise in healthy people and especially in special populations, in the context of clinics, health centers, hospitals, gyms, health clubs and local authorities.
With the increasing prevalence of pathologies associated with lack of exercise and physical activity it is crucial to train professionals with the ability to plan, implement and monitor exercise programs and training plans in the person with chronic disease or clinically diagnosed health conditions.
This study cycle responds to a market need in a clearly internationally established area, based on its methodology of interdisciplinarity and the creation of challenging opportunities to solve problems applied to practice based on scientific evidence.
Main differentiation of this master:
- 1st Master in Portugal in Exercise Physiology.
- Training of qualified professionals to plan and promote the exercise in clinics, health centers, hospitals, gyms, health clubs and municipalities.
- Development of assessment skills and exercise prescription in different pathologies.
- Active teaching methodology based on the resolution of case studies formulated in partnership with professionals and reference institutions.
- Integrated, laboratory and interdisciplinary approach to course content.
- Allows specialization through the completion of dissertation or internship.
- Supply of a sports equipment kit.
- Exercise Physiologist in Clinical Populations
- Coordinator of Exercise Programs for Clinical Populations
- Clinical Population Exercise Advisor
- Community Health and Exercise Promotion Specialist
- Researcher in Exercise Physiology
Throughout the master's degree, students will be in constant contact with the professional market, which will be realized either through the development of projects that will seek to respond to real challenges presented by clinics, health centers, hospitals, gyms and health clubs, either through participation in seminars and lectures hosted by leading exercise and health market experts.
Are eligible to attend this Master:
- Holders of an undergraduate degree.
- Holders of a foreign higher education degree, recognized as meeting the objectives of the bachelor's degree.
- Holders of school, scientific or professional curriculum, which is recognized by the competent body as attesting ability to undertake this cycle of studies.
About the School
The Universidade Europeia is part of the largest global group of Higher Education - Laureate International Universities - and offers access to student-centered quality education.