Under the patronage of SIT – the Italian Society of Telemedicine - The Rome Business School’s Master’s Degree Course in e-Health Management has been designed to supply training on organizational processes and technologies aimed at the proper introduction and management of ICT solutions and Telemedicine in Health Systems.
Starting Date: each year in March and October
Master in eHealth and Telemedicine Management is the combined use of information technology and electronic communication, especially the internet, in the health sector, for clinical, educational and administrative purposes; both on-site and at distance (in which case it is called Telemedicine).
eHealth is not only a technical development, but also represents a way of thinking, a commitment, an organizational approach to improve health care locally or regionally by using the new opportunities presented by Information and Communication Technology.
By means of e-Health and Telemedicine, a Healthcare Institution or Ministry can achieve:
- more efficiency in health care: reducing costs by networking data and knowledge, avoiding duplication in diagnostic or therapeutic interventions, treating patients directly at home
- a higher quality of care: by networking the Health professionals’ knowledge, enabling comparisons, and involving the patients and care givers
- the empowerment of patients
- the education of both physicians and patients about the management of pathologies
- more equity, for example by networking smaller hospitals with larger institutions and making virtual visits to remote areas
In this scenario, it is crucial for a Manager to understand the potentiality, seize the opportunities, push and, above all, lead the e-Health and Telemedicine revolution in health care.
The Rome Business School’s Master’s degree in eHealth and Telemedicine Management has been designed to supply training on organizational processes and technologies aimed at the proper introduction and management of ICT solutions and Telemedicine in Health Systems.
The Master’s Degree Course is designed for Directors and Managers of Healthcare Institutions, Directors and Managers of Social and Healthcare Ministries, healthcare Decision-Makers, Clinicians, Clinical Engineers.
On completion of the training course, attendees will:
- understand e-Health and Telemedicine terminologies and their areas of application
- be aware of the most widespread and innovative technology platforms and solutions available
- possess the skills to evaluate and choose the best e-Health projects and solutions
- be able to manage the organizational aspects stemming from the introduction of e-Health in an Institution, a Region, or a Country
- be able to apply the knowledge of the best-in-class European e-Health projects to the domestic contexts
- be e-Health evangelists.
All applicants must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (or be near completion)
- A good English proficiency (both speaking and writing)
In order to ensure a top quality training course, attendance is limited to a maximum of 20 participants.
On completion of this Master’s Degree Course, attendees will be able to work or improve their careers as:
- e-Health Managers
- Chief Information Officers for healthcare institutions
- e-Health executive consultants
- Managers of ICT Departments of Health Ministries
- e-Health and Telemedicine evangelists
The participation fee for the Master’s Degree in eHealth Management is € 4.500,00.
The course is structured in - 6 months of lectures, once per week + - 6 months of final project work.
This course may be attended in the following formulas: - on campus, at the Rome Business School Rome headquarters.