The interprofessional and innovative master’s degree program in Biomedical Technologies is characterized by practice orientation and internationality. Lectures are embedded in a modern technological and medical environment and are supported by an interdisciplinary team of internationally well-known and distinguished scientists. Graduates are well prepared for various professional challenges and have excellent career perspectives in Biomedical Technologies.
The Eberhard Karls University Tübingen
Innovative. Interdisciplinary. International. Since 1477. The University of Tübingen has combined these leading principles in its teaching and research since its foundation. It is one of the oldest and most renowned universities in Germany and offers a first-class framework for professional studies, as well as the possibility to set personal accents and priorities. Many further amenities enhance the attractive study conditions, such as the campus sports program, the center for foreign languages, the interdisciplinary ‘Studium Generale’ and the modern university library. Let the university’s slogan speak for itself: attempto – I dare!
Degree and career opportunities
The master’s program lasts two academic years (4 semesters) and encompasses a total of 120 ECTS credit points according to the European Credit Transfer and Accumulations System. After completion, our students are awarded a Master of Science (M.Sc.) degree.
Successful graduates may choose to continue their studies by directly pursuing a doctorate or Ph.D. in the research field of Biomedical Technologies.
Alternatively, graduates may choose to embark upon a professional career with responsibility:
- Design and development of medical devices for clinical application
- Design, development, and production of medical devices and instruments
- Development and production of biological surfaces for implant materials
- Research and development in the field of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine
Information for applicants
In order to apply for our Master’s program, please visit the website and complete the online application form.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technologies or a recognized equivalent from an accredited institution with 180 ECTS.
- A general higher education entrance certificate. Foreign certificates must be recognized by an accredited public authority as comparable.
Further application requirements are available from the program coordinator.
Foreign language competence
Applicants must provide proof of their English skills which can be demonstrated on the basis of Internet-based TOEFL (TOEFL iBT), IELTS, Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English Test, Language certificate from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) in accordance with the levels of language competence of the Common European Framework of Reference and the UNIcert System.
Twenty-four places are available per year and will be awarded according to the applicant’s qualifications and experience. Matriculation takes place every winter semester via the central administration office of the university with application deadline 15th of June. To be admitted to the Master’s program, students must have completed their first degree.
A ranking list is created based on the final grades or provisional final grades of the first degree. A bonus can additionally be awarded by the selection committee, especially for publications and academic prizes in scientific fields.
The program provides:
- Lectures and modules embedded in a modern technological and medical environment and supported by an interdisciplinary team of internationally well-known and distinguished scientists.
- Excellent study conditions in small training groups with individual contact with researchers and clinicians.
- Close cooperation with more than 40 universities all over the world, which offers the option to complete a practical work experience or to write the master thesis abroad.
- Furthermore, close interaction with companies and research institutes in Medical Technologies and Biomedical Technologies secures a competency-based study program, practical experiences and the inclusion of researchers from industry in lectures.
Our central goal is to prepare our students for various professional challenges to allow a successful start to a career in future-oriented branches of Biomedical Technologies