The network Master's Degree Program “Biomedical Sciences and Engineering” is aimed at training highly qualified specialists in the field of systems and complexes for medical and biological and environmental purposes, automated processing systems for specific information, biotechnical systems supporting human life and other biological objects.
Academic Entry Requirements:
Bachelor Degree or equivalent degree and qualification.
English Language Requirements: English as a native language / Proof of the English language proficiency: certificate TOEFL (paper-based 500 and higher; internet-based 55 and higher) or IELTS (5.5 and higher), First Certificate in English (FCE) / TPU Entrance Test
All applicants are selected based on the results of TPU Entrance Examination. Additional selection criteria: GPA in Bachelor’s Degree Program; relative merits and abilities of the applicant proved by certificates.
This project is focused on developing new network Master's Degree (NMD) Program “Biomedical Sciences and Engineering”, which is a branch of the general direction 12.04.04 – “Biotechnical Systems and Technologies”. The program will be a new element in the educational structure of Tomsk Polytechnic University (TPU). Siberian State Medical University (SSMU, Tomsk) is one of the partners.
Graduates will be prepared for scientific, engineering, manufacturing, managerial, educational and expert activities in the field of design and maintenance of new types of biomedical and environmental equipment, data acquisition and processing of biomedical and environmental information as well as monitoring and control of living systems, supporting their life activities.
The NMD program is based on an interdisciplinary teaching approach and includes basic medicine and biology, cell technologies, technologies of biocompatible material, bioinformatics and high-performance computing.
The originality of the program is due to careful selection of academic disciplines and topics of scientific research, the results of which are widely used for teaching purposes. The list of main topics includes:
- augmented reality and its application in biomedicine
- software and hardware for medical visualization including X-ray, computerized tomography,
- ultrasound and electrical impedance tomography
- electrophysical methods and their application in medicine
- development and medical application of the betatron
- coherent and non-coherent light sources for medical diagnostics and therapy
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Processing methods of biomedical information
- 3D modeling and prototyping of biological objects
- Optical methods of biomedical research
- Computer-assisted clinical and laboratory diagnostics
- Devices of medical introscopy
- Formulate goals and objectives of scientific research in accordance with the trends and prospects of development of biotechnical systems and technologies, as well as related areas of science and technology.
- Set up the project to design biotechnical and medical electronic devices and systems of different functionality using the modern element base of nanoelectronics, to prepare technical requirements and specification for design work.
The majority will enter business or industry in companies such as Siemens, Samsung, Beckman Coulter, Shanghai Medical Equipment Works Co.Ltd and many others.
Positions: engineer, consultant, analyst, or developer
Internships: Student Research Activity, Research Practice
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 19, 2018