The prolonged life expectancy of people leads to enormous cost increases in the health sector. This increases the need to find new solutions for efficient, safe and cost-effective health care. Thanks to the simultaneously rapid development of technical possibilities, medical technicians are able to develop improved diagnostic and therapeutic solutions, technically implement them and, efficiently and economically, make them available.
In the field of medical technology, you develop technical solutions for medicine of the future. In the master’s programme Biomedical Engineering at the TU Graz, you deepen your basic knowledge gained from the bachelor's programme and specialize in 5 promising areas of medical technology.
In this Programme, you select one of the 5 technical elective subjects as a major. As a minor, you can select another technical or non-technical elective subject.
- Biomechanical Engineering
- Biomedical Instrumentation and Sensors
- Biomedical Imaging and Sensing
- Computational Neuroscience
- Health Care Engineering
- Business, Law, Management and Soft Skills
Graduates of the master's programme Biomedical Engineering can find employment in industry, research and development. They work, for example:
- to develop devices,
- in the research and development sectors of industry and public health,
- to develop methods and tools for research, development and production in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries,
- in basic research in many fields, such as in neuroscience,
- in the development and manufacture of drugs,
- for regulatory authorities,
- as project or department heads and leaders in recognized research and development facilities.
Possible professions in hospitals and the health profession are, for example:
- risk manager,
- quality manages,
- hospital manager, and
- safety technician.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 14, 2017