Study 3D printing technology with a biomedical approach. Biofabrication combines advanced fabrication techniques with biological systems to prepare designed tissue constructs. You will be equipped with a toolbox to innovate within this multidisciplinary field and become an expert with thorough understanding as well as the operational experience of processes such as 3D bioprinting, biomaterials, 3D cell culturing, computer models and imaging.
Become an Expert in a Multidisciplinary Area of Research
Broaden your knowledge in a diverse range of fields such as physics, biology, medicine, robotics and computer science. Few researchers entering the biofabrication field have been trained in such a diverse range of subjects. Do you want to become a truly multidisciplinary researcher? Biofabrication is a perfect fit.
We offer the opportunity to obtain a double degree in Australia by following courses and a research project in your second year, or to gain international experience at various international research institutions across the globe.
Why You Should Study Biofabrication at Utrecht University
- Obtain an international double degree from Utrecht University and one of the partner institutions in Australia.
- Carry out two hands-on research projects at cutting edge research groups.
- Familiarize yourself with innovative science and technology at the Utrecht Biofabrication Facility at the Utrecht Science Park and collaborate with scientists from various departments.
- Tailor your own curriculum to maximally benefit from the multiple educational options in Utrecht and Australia.
- Benefit from an extensive curriculum. Learn to design, plan, conduct, and communicate scientific research. Write a compelling research proposal and understand and apply knowledge, from biofabrication technology to (re)generating various tissues.
As a graduate you will have a strong research background in Biofabrication and a broad basic knowledge of the field, which enables you to pursue a career in academic (PhD) or in industrial/commercial directions, including R&D, sales, consultancy.
Your considerable research experience abroad and the obtained double degree will make you an attractive candidate for any Biofabrication-related position in the world.
- DOUBLE MSC AND Ph.D. DEGREE
If you aspire a PhD degree after finishing the Biofabrication program, you can enroll in the PhD program Regenerative Medicine of the Graduate School of Life Sciences in Utrecht. Thus, a double MSc degree could be followed by a double PhD degree from UMC Utrecht and Queensland University of Technology.
Program taught in: