This international Master program provides students with theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of analytical control of plant-based drugs and health products.
This second year Master degree allows students to deepen their theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of analytical control of drugs and health products that are based on plants. It focuses on the quality control of such health products compared to international standards.
The Master degree also aims to increase the safety of therapeutic products that are based on plants and which are therefore not concerned by the pharmaceutical circuit controls. The program thus develops a strong interdisciplinary dimension through the involvement of pharmaceutical sciences, technical sciences, and the legal domain.
Semester 1: Education units in Bordeaux
- Validation (1 ECTS)
- Access to Euro- Mediterranean market of drugs and other health products (3 ECTS)
- Microbiology control and quality (2 ECTS)
- Drug design & pharmaceutical technology for drugs and natural products (3 ECTS)
- Quality control applied to drugs (3 ECTS)
- Research and analytical development (3 ECTS)
- English & communication skills (3 ECTS)
- Quality by Design & Chemometry (3 ECTS)
Semester 1: Education units in Rabat-Morocco
- Project management: drug control and natural products (9 ECTS)
- Training period of six months in France or abroad (30ECTS)
Strengths of this Master program?
- Permits students from pharmacy and other specialties to acquire strong skills in analytical chemistry for drugs and natural products.
- Develops global knowledge about analytical and regulatory problems related to counterfeit drugs and health products.
- Includes “hands-on” qualification training for key techniques using the latest equipment from the university laboratories for chemical and structural analysis.
After this Master program?
Graduates from the School of Pharmacy of the University of Bordeaux have an excellent employment record.
Graduates may access leading positions within pharmaceutical organizations; the cosmetics and food industry in France and around the world.
Hold a first level Master in pharmacy or 4 years study in chemistry, biochemistry or engineering.