- Language: English B2 level or IELTS 5.0/TOEFL 55
- Credits: 120 ECTS
- Begins: September 15th
- Study type: Full-time
- Duration: 2 years
- Annual tuition fee: 1137,93 EUR; Non-Europe – 2000 EUR
- Prerequisites: Bachelor’s degree in Sports, Rehabilitation/ Physiotherapy, Public health, Educology, Ergo therapy.
- Diploma: Master of Health sciences
This is a unique university study program with the aim to train graduates in adapted physical activity (APA) who are capable to perform independent research, work as leaders and experts in the field of empowerment of persons with disabilities for pursuing independence, equal rights, and opportunities as well as advocacy in order to maintain an active, healthy lifestyle.
- Ability to use advanced modern tools for testing and assessing biosocial and social functions, emotions and behavior, and physical capacity in persons with disabilities.
- Knowledge and understanding of the provisions of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and their application of persons and their application in terms of equal opportunities and social inclusion.
- Ability to critically evaluate and affect social policy in cases where discrimination or segregation of persons with disabilities is observed in society.
- Knowledge of strategies for the organization of inclusive physical activities for persons with disabilities and awareness about the possibilities for using them to sustain the physical condition of persons with disabilities through cross-sector collaboration.
The learning outcomes of successful graduates relate to working independently to conduct research and/or continue third-cycle studies, make decisions based on research results, assume researcher, the management or expertise responsibilities and establish themselves in the labor market (either as employed persons or employees). The potential employers of APA study program graduates are non-governmental organizations for people with disabilities, their branches, and day-care centers, public institutions of social protection, education and other departments who are required to implement international obligations in the areas of equal rights and opportunities for the country’s disabled people, as well as socially responsible private institutions in preparing and carrying out projects and activity programs and other organizational activities.
About the School
Lithuanian Sports University (LSU) is proud to be the only specialized university in Lithuania, which has been uniting Movement and Sports Science for over eight decades.