Master in Adapted Physical Activity prepares you for a career in promoting physical activity and active lifestyle of persons with special needs with the two-year degree in Adapted Physical Activity.
Supported by the latest research and practice, the central focus of the program is the physical activity of persons with disabilities.
The core topics include:
- Inclusive and adapted physical education;
- Disability sports;
- Therapeutic recreation;
- Counselling in special education;
- Disability studies;
- Management in physical activity (PA);
- Counselling in active lifestyle;
- Research methodology in health sciences, monitoring of PA;
- Factors related to lifestyle behaviour changes;
- Internships in adapted physical activity and special education.
Offered internships allow students to gain professional experience in all segments of APA – schools, outdoor facilities, sport, fitness and rehabilitation centres.
Students of APA can choose minor in:
- Sport Pedagogy (preparing them to work in school settings);
- Leisure Studies (preparing them to work in leisure and recreation areas).
Career opportunities for graduates include
- Adapted physical activity instructors in recreational settings.
- Adapted physical education teachers and consultants.
- Adapted physical activity instructors in rehabilitation settings.
- Consultants in healthy lifestyle, sport and physical activities of persons with disabilities
Opportunities to grow
- Internships on national or international level;
- International cooperation (sharing teaching and methods across universities);
- Gaining certification (under the student responsibility to pay the fee for certificates);
- Doctoral studies at Palacký University Olomouc.
Application form to be submitted electronically through https://admission.upol.cz/.
- Curriculum vitae
- English language proficiency certificate
- 2 recommendation letters
- Copy of university diploma or recognition of Bachelor education
Interview (face-to-face or Skype) with the admission board.
Results to be announced by May 31.
Attractive features of this program are the integration of professional experience in various fields and the possibility to get engaged in great variety of events (e.g. Special Olympics, Charity Fundraising, APA Carnival) and research projects.
Attractive features of this program are the integration of professional experience in various fields and the possibility to get engaged in a great variety of events (e.g. Special Olympics, Charity Fundraising, APA Carnival) and research projects.
Outline of study
120-credit programs in agreement with ECTS Bologna system, study easily recognizable worldwide. Major in Adapted Physical Activity (APA)consists of common truncus courses, which provide solid bases for core theoretical areas including counseling and management issues related to active lifestyle and work with diverse population. Each major specialization consists of 40 credits (ECTS) of highly specialized and tailored courses essential for professional careers in APA. Students are required to choose a minor specialization, which equips them with complementary competencies broadening the career paths.
Interested to study with us?
For more details go to our web page or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on: https://admission.upol.cz/
Deadline for applications: March 31
About the School
It is the university, together with a number of other educational institutions that makes Olomouc the top student city in the Czech Republic – where every fifth person in the city is a student!