Master in Management and Management of Health Centers
The Health companies, Both public and private, require management skills That allow the Optimization of resource use And effectiveness in clinical outcomes. Professionals who have the responsibility of running health institutions and clinical, care and non-care services often belong to the medical sector, but need to develop their management skills to achieve the required levels of effectiveness.
On the other hand, the continued introduction of New technologies and systems Both at the level of management and in the care services themselves, requires a transformation of the paradigms of health center management. In this scenario, a Training of health center managers That starts from the deep knowledge of the specific characteristics of the medical administration, with a careful look at the changes that have occurred in the last decades and the transformations that we face in the next years.
The professionals of the management in the health sector, in order to exercise their responsibilities, must have the necessary and adequate training at any moment to perform their function. This training is acquired through knowledge of the necessary instruments and their application in the appropriate context. The knowledge must be acquired from those who enrich it by adding their experience, as the teachers of this Master.
This knowledge is grouped into Three large generic areas:
- "Sanitary Policies, Models and Health Systems" , translates to the student the necessary knowledge to explain the causal relationship that occurs between health policy decisions and health models and systems that are a consequence of them. In this area, basic knowledge in Health Economics is an essential element to explain the correlation between health demand , available resources and the response given in accordance with established policies and subsequent models and systems
- "Management of organizations" . Knowing the context in which a health service organization is located, the second area, addresses the knowledge necessary to manage a health organization of any kind. The available resources with which the expected results will materialize must be ordered and used to maximize the result for the benefit of the recipient of the services.
- Knowing the basic instruments of the management of a health organization, the third area specifies its application in the different areas of health care, with special emphasis on integrated management of health care.
Profile of Program Participants:
It is aimed at managers and professionals who aspire to develop their professional career within the administration and direction of health centers with the contribution of an innovative and efficient vision, or improve their capacities in this area.
- Professionals who are occupying management responsibilities in health organizations and need to develop their competencies and enhance their skills.
- Professionals whose vocation is the management of health institutions and need to complement their professional training with the specific knowledge of management in the health sector.
- Care professionals whose professional career will lead them to assume management responsibilities in clinical services and institutions.
- Management professionals in other sectors with expectations of progress in their professional career.
- Professionals with professional practice in companies related to the health sector and who need extensive knowledge of its structure and operation.
Benefits of the Master in Management and Management of Health Centers:
This Master's main objective is to provide the Competitions Sufficient, Both transverse and specific, Necessary to develop the Management function at the different levels of health system in those Other areas of the health sector Where they develop their professional activity.
This is done through the knowledge of the political, economic, social and health sciences factors that determine each of the existing health models and systems and the knowledge of the basic instruments of planning and resource management both at the level General as a specific level of a level, a health service area.
From this knowledge, the student will obtain greater training for the decision making that competes in his present or future scope of responsibility.
- Members of Boards of Directors of institutions and companies in the health sector
- Managers and managers of institutions and companies in the health sector
- Medical and nursing directors and service heads
- Administrative and general service directors of institutions and companies in the health sector
- Health insurance managers
- Directors of the pharmaceutical sector
- Health Sector Consultants
- Managers of companies that supply goods and services to the health care sector
Objectives of the Master in Health Management
- Understand the new challenges faced by health administration
- Analyze the different agents that compose the health sector and observe the changes that are occurring in some of the health systems of reference.
- To know the keys of business management applied to the characteristics of health organizations.
- Mastering decision-making tools for a correct optimization of health centers
- Manage for the quality assurance of an effective and socially responsible service
Curriculum of the Master in Management and Management of Health Centers
The curriculum is structured in 10 modules or subjects that cover all the processes and areas of knowledge required for health management and management.
These subjects are structured in three main areas that ensure the development of managerial skills, knowledge of management keys and their fit in the specific environment of health centers.
The Master's curriculum closes with final master's work that serves as a practical activity around which all the learning acquired during the same period is consolidated
AREA OF SANITARY POLICIES, MODELS AND SANITARY SYSTEMS
- Health determinants: Health in all Policies.
- Public health.
- Health economics.
- Health planning.
- Health models and systems.
AREA OF MANAGEMENT OF ORGANIZATIONS
- Theory of organization.
- Government of health organizations.
- Function directive and strategic planning.
- Management of human resources and capital knowledge
- Management of economic, financial and patrimonial resources.
- Management of support services.
- Management of construction and renovation of sanitary equipment.
- Information systems and management of information and communication technologies.
- Quality policies and evaluation of results.
- Management of innovation and research.
AREA OF MANAGEMENT OF THE ASSISTANCE SERVICES AND CLINICAL MANAGEMENT
- Clinical management
- Primary and community care. First level resolution
- Specialized hospital care
- Efficiency in integrated organizations
- Health care
- Integral and integrated care between lines and services
- Management of the drug
- Attention to mental health
The program converges in the realization of a final project related to the management of health centers. It could be an improvement project, an innovation project or a management project that provides solutions to proven problems.
In OBS Business School we orient our methodology to the development of competences, knowledge and skills. We promote flexible and immediate communication, encourage effective discussion, foster teamwork and facilitate interaction between all participants, whether students, teachers or invited professionals.
The shared learning experience
One of the keys to OBS training is the value of shared learning, where participants are the central axis. In our virtual campus they access all the pedagogical and technological material, speak with teachers and interact with people from different sectors, discussing practical cases together with professionals with different experiences and points of view. Thus, in the same case, the diversity of approaches, capacities and experiences give you a broader perspective.
Practical and active participation
Our methodology is based on the combination of practical and theoretical learning, demanding the active participation of students with their opinions and points of view. Participants, in addition to working on the documentation provided to them, should analyze and solve case studies that are based on real and simulated business situations.
Thus, using the reference documents, case studies and simulations that we offer daily, a rich learning experience is generated, connected to reality. In OBS you are not just a spectator, you are an essential actor.
The experience of studying in OBS
The connection of our students with OBS is based on an extensive network of professionals, experts, teachers, entrepreneurs and entrepreneurs who are defined as restless, participative, open to question and respond. People accustomed to raise and suggest, very involved with the business and social environment in which they develop their work. Thus, the connection that you get studying with us keeps you awake and connected to everything that is happening around you. Studying in OBS means being up to date on everything related to your area of interest, above all in the practical contents that the teaching team will provide you with on a day-to-day basis. This is the value of OBS Business School.
Our students delve into the latest trends related to their area of work, forming part of conversations led by active professionals who select the sources, reflect with us and finally put them into practice.
The evaluation model has as its key points:
- Contribute to a constant monitoring of the program.
- Ensure learning and use of concepts and procedures presented.
- Assess the degree of achievement of the objectives of the program that must be translated into professional skills and competencies.
The evaluation Is carried out continuously Throughout the program, for each of the subjects a series of Activities that the student must carry out And that will be evaluated by the teacher, who will inform the student of the grade obtained in each one of them as well as the aspects to be improved if necessary.
The additional effort made by the students in their participation in voluntary activities and the continued positive progress throughout each subject are also aspects considered by the teachers in the moment of establishing a numerical qualification as a global result of the use of the subject.
The overall evaluation of the program results from the average of the different subjects that constitute it, being an indispensable condition that the average of the grades obtained in the different subjects is positive.
Requirements of the Master in Management and Management of Health Centers
The fundamental goal of our admissions process is to ensure the suitability of candidates. All participants must get the most out of this learning experience, through a context in which it is possible to develop a long-term relationship with classmates, teachers and alumni.
These are the stages of the admission process:
- Prerequisites for admission
- Application for admission
- Personal interview
- Motivation letter
- Admissions Committee evaluation
Qualification of the Master in High Management and Sanitary Management
People who pass the evaluation of the program and meet the academic requirements established by the UB, will be awarded the UB (University of Barcelona).
To obtain the degree of UB is necessary to have University Degree (Engineering Degree or Diploma). Failure to have a University Degree, once passed the different assessments, a diploma of university extension of UB is obtained.
Scholarships and Grants of the Master in Management and Management of Health Centers
OBS offers candidates the scholarship program to promote continuing education for professionals, entrepreneurs and managers. To apply for one of these grants, which fund part of the program, candidates must be admitted to the program and meet the specified requirements.
The Admissions and Scholarship Committee will assess the adequacy of the profile and the career of the candidates, the reasons given in the letter of scholarship application and the candidate's professional and academic recommendations.
Currently, the following scholarships are valid:
Scholarship OBS Experience
Objective: To promote continuous training of future professionals through the OBS Online Methodology, which is registered as own model of online learning.
Requirements: Candidates with no previous experience in online learning models that meet the academic and curricular program of interest requirements.
Profile Scholarship Board
Objective: to promote management competencies in those candidates with extensive professional experience.
Requirements: scholarship available to candidates with more than 3 years of professional experience in positions of responsibility who wish to acquire the skills and managerial skills to make a qualitative leap in their career.
Online Business Management Scholarship
Objective: To promote the generation of births in the Internet and the creation of new models of network-based business and the digitization of traditional businesses that are not yet active on the Internet.
Requirements: Candidates who wish to acquire knowledge and skills necessary to take on the Internet and drive new digital business models, whether in your own company or as a manager.