Master in Health Management and Management
Online master in business management in the health sector.
Health companies, public and private, require professionals with skills and management skills that allow the optimization of the use of resources and the effectiveness of clinical results. The continuous changes in the pattern of the demand for health care and on the other hand, the continuous introduction of new technologies both at the clinical level and at the level of information and communication, has led to a constant transformation of management paradigms in the sector Health.
In this scenario, a training of managers of the health sector based on a thorough knowledge of the specific characteristics of the management of organizations and health services is necessary, complemented with new instruments to address the changes that are already taking place and the changes to the that we will face in the coming years.
Management professionals in the health sector come from different health and non-health disciplines. To exercise their responsibilities, they must have the necessary and appropriate training at all times to exercise their function. This training is acquired through knowledge of the necessary instruments and their application in the appropriate context, usually changing.
The knowledge must be acquired from those who, having them, enrich them by adding their professional experience as the teaching staff of this Master.
This knowledge is grouped into three large generic areas. The first one, that of “Health Policies, Models and Health Systems”, transfers the necessary knowledge to the student to explain the cause and effect relationship between health policy decisions and the health models and system that are a consequence of them. In this area, basic knowledge in Health Economics is an essential element to explain the correlation between health demand, available resources and the response given in accordance with established policies and subsequent models and systems. Once the context in which a health service provider organization is known is known, the second area, “Organization Management,” addresses the knowledge and use of the instruments necessary to manage a health organization of any kind. Knowing the basic instruments of the management of a health organization, the third area specifies its application in the different healthcare areas of the provision of health care services, with special emphasis on their integrated management.
Profile of Program Participants:
It is aimed at executives and professionals who aspire to develop their professional career or improve their capacities within the administration and management of organizations and health centers with the contribution of an innovative and efficient vision:
- Professionals who are occupying management responsibilities in health organizations and need to develop their skills and strengthen their skills.
- Professionals whose vocation is the management of health institutions and need to complement their professional training with specific management knowledge in the health sector.
- Care professionals whose professional career will lead them to assume management responsibilities in clinical services and institutions.
- Management professionals in other sectors with expectations of progress in their professional career.
- Professionals with professional practice in companies related to the health sector and who need extensive knowledge of its structure and operation.
Benefits of the Master in Health Management and Management:
This Master's objective is to provide sufficient competencies, both transversal and specific, necessary to develop the leading managerial function at the different levels of the health system organizations or in those other areas of the health sector where they develop their professional activity.
All this through the knowledge of the political, economic, social and health sciences factors that determine each of the existing health models and systems and the knowledge of the basic instruments of planning and management of resources both at the level general as at a specific level of a level, a health service area.
From this knowledge, the student will obtain greater training for decision-making that competes in his present or future area of responsibility.
- Professionals, middle managers and managers of public administrations.
- Directors of public or private health corporations.
- Managers of establishments, centers or health services.
- Responsible for specific areas of establishments, centers or health services
- Professionals in the health insurance sector.
- Health professionals in clinical areas with a managerial vocation.
- Managers and middle managers of providers and services for the health sector.
- Pharmaceutical professionals.
- Professionals in the health technology sector.
- Professionals from the information and communication technologies sector.
- Understand the new challenges facing the health administration.
- Analyze the different agents that make up the health sector and observe the changes that are occurring in some of the reference health systems.
- Know the business management keys applied to the characteristics of health organizations.
- Master decision-making tools for proper optimization of Health centers.
- Manage for the quality assurance of an effective and socially responsible service.
The curriculum is structured in 10 modules or subjects that cover all the processes and knowledge areas necessary for health management and management.
The modules with their subjects and subjects are grouped into three main areas. A first to place the managerial function in the existing social and economic contexts. A second to know the basic management tools of health organizations that allow the student to manage the resources of the health organization. Finally, a third of an operational nature that allows students to see, based on a knowledge of the context and management instruments, acquire skills in relation to their application to the direct management of centers, units and services.
The program concludes with the completion of a final project that is the Final Master's Project. The project must be in line with the learning acquired and its transfer to a management plan in any of the areas of the health sector. The project must have an approach and a development in which, based on a problem or situation, the student reaches resolutions.
I. Area of health policies, models and health systems
- Determinants of health: Health in all Policies. Public health.
- Health models and systems. Health Economics, health planning.
II. Area of basic management of organizations
- Theory of the organization. Business management of health organizations. Strategic planning
- Information systems and ICT management
- Information and internal and external communication
- Human resources management and knowledge capital
- Management of economic, financial and equity resources
- Construction management and renovation of sanitary equipment
- The management of support services
- Accreditation, quality policies and evaluation of the results
- Patient participation and ethical framework of organizations
III. Management area of healthcare services and clinical management
- Primary and community care
- Hospital and specialized care
- The socio-health care
- Mental health care
- Clinical management The healthcare innovation
- Medication management
- Teaching Medical Investigation
Requirements of the Master in Health Center Management and Management
The fundamental objective of our admission process is to ensure the suitability of the candidates. All participants should get the most out of this learning experience, through a context in which it is possible to develop a long-term relationship with classmates, teachers and alumni.
These are the stages of the admission process:
- Prerequisites for admission
- Admission request
- Personal interview
- Motivation letter
- Admissions Committee Evaluation
Master's Degree in Health Management and Management
People who pass the evaluation of the program and meet the academic requirements established by the UB, will obtain their own degree from the UB (University of Barcelona).
In order to obtain the UB's own degree it is necessary to have a University Degree Degree (Engineering, Bachelor's Degree or Diploma). In case of not having a University Degree, once the different evaluations have been passed, a university extension diploma from the UB will be obtained.