Gain the knowledge and insight necessary to achieve change and influence health policy at all levels with our Master’s degree in Public Health and Health Promotion.
You will study the historical background, current developments, and potential future directions of public health and health promotion, alongside key theoretical and philosophical perspectives.
Your research and analytical skills will be honed as you assess the evidence base for public health interventions, while an observation placement will give you valuable experience in real-life application of health promotion theory.
Why Public Health and Health Promotion at Swansea?
Based in our College of Human and Health Sciences, you will benefit from a diverse teaching and research environment, with many opportunities to make connections with students from a range of disciplines and nationalities.
According to the most recent Research Excellence Framework in 2014-2021, over 75% of the research carried out at the college was of international or world-leading quality.
The course is mapped to the National Occupational Standards, Public Health Career Framework. On successful completion, you will be eligible to apply for the registered practitioner and/or specialist status with the UK Public Health Register.
We have strong links with professional practice and academic research networks in Europe and around the world, so your learning is informed by the latest policy and practice developments.
Your Public Health and Health Promotion Experience
Our teaching staff are active in practice and research and have a wealth of professional experience in public health and health promotion, offering an unrivalled mix of academic excellence and current policy and practical expertise.
You will be joining a university that is ranked first in the UK for postgraduate student satisfaction (What Uni 2017).
Public Health and Health Promotion Careers
Your Master’s qualification in Public Health and Health Promotion will open up opportunities for further study or career development in your chosen discipline, including research, education, policy, and management.
To apply for this course you will need:
- A relevant degree at 2.1 or above
- An equivalent recognised qualification and/ or two years of relevant employment with evidence of educational/professional achievement.
- International students will need a minimum IELTS score of 6.5, with a minimum of 6.0 in all domains, or a University approved equivalent, prior to starting the programme.
Careers and Employability
Careers and Employability Swansea Employability Academy (SEA) will support you at each stage of your career journey helping you build a bright future.
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs.
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers.
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities.
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics.
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
About the School
Swansea University is a research-led university that has been making a difference since 1920. The University community thrives on exploration and discovery, and offers the right balance of excellent t ... Read More