Become a specialist able to navigate in today’s industry impacted by artificial intelligence and digital transformation
- For students holding a Bachelor’s Degree minimum in any field
- MSc in approved by the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles
- 18 months, 6-month internship included
- Taught in English
- Delivered in Lyon & Saint-Etienne
18 months to gain technical and management skills
- Get the skills to manage challenging projects: This program will teach you powerful methodologies to manage innovative and collaborative projects, provide you with solid knowledge and agility when it comes to digital technologies: data, IoT, artificial intelligence and focus on ownership of the challenges of this ecosystem and its various stakeholders.
- Develop a global scope & a large set of skills: Your challenge is not to become an expert in all fields, or an artificial intelligence expert but to acquire a large set of skills and develop a global scope including but not limited to: data, new technologies, managing disruptions, soft skills required by new process and know how.
- Understand the specific needs of this industry: Innovation shift in the ecosystem have become a major challenge for companies, consulting firms, startups in all activity sectors but the health industry has its key specifics. Develop the mindset that will help you change this sector through an innovative learning path.
Program content & pedagogical objectives
All courses are available in English and you will have the opportunity to learn some French if you wish (online and face to face courses).
Start with e-learning
Before you arrive on campus and start your courses, you will have access to eLearning material and emlyon business school online resources. Depending on your profile and background, you will be able to catch up or review at your own rhythm the basics required to start the MSc in Health Management & Data Intelligence. You will follow a core syllabus which will allow you to acquire the fundamentals of management, gain the necessary skill set of international business management and apply it to the Health Industry.
Courses include Fundamentals of Economics, Cost Accounting, Fundamentals of Finance, Fundamentals of Marketing and Fundamentals of Legal.
Get familiar with your future academic environment
Based on your application and registration, you will have access to many of the digital resources available to emlyon business school campuses students by summertime:
- emlyon business school apps and platforms (Learning Hub, Career Centre)
- first courses available online
- information on your integration process (visa, accommodation, administrative procedures, Lyon city council, etc.)
This access, via your personal ID, will help you to get to grips with the various tools and ensure that your integration is a success, as you will have a busy schedule once the program begins in September.
The first term (September to December) in Lyon Ecully
Transforming Early Makers module
The Transforming early makers module challenges you to disrupt existing business models to imagine new value systems in the 2030 horizon through an innovative learning path, directly preparing you for your new profession: carrying / steering / participating / supporting the emergence, deployment, development and diffusion of transformation projects using digital technologies as a lever for disruption.
The challenges of artificial intelligence & the health sector
List of courses:
- Innovative Project management
- The healthcare ecosystem
- Economy and Sociology of Health
- Big Data and Artificial Intelligence: An introduction
- Patient-centric ecosystems
- Health Information System
- Ecosystems and Platform Business models
This learning trip is an opportunity for you to confront the healthcare ecosystem in other cultural and value systems. The targeted country is the USA as a major country in the development of new digital solutions covering the healthcare path. During this learning trip, you have the opportunity to visit companies and startup, to participate in roundtables with experts in order to understand how a revolution in health management is clearly occurring thanks to what is sometimes called “exponential technology” and how this other country is coping with these disruptive issues.
The second term (January to March) in Lyon Ecully
With some seminars in Saint Etienne (Mines Saint Etienne campus and CHU – hospital units)
Healthcare & artificial intelligence courses
List of courses:
- Health issues in the workplace
- Medtech and digital Startup
- Ethics and Policy Risks of Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare
- Patient data for diagnosis and prevention
- Interacting with Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data and Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare: Challenges and Issues
- Biomedical devices and sensors
- “Omics” and Nanotechnologies
List of courses:
- Collective intelligence
- Change Management
The third term (April to July) in Shanghai
List of courses:
- Asian business environment & intercultural management
- Intercultural management and negotiation
- Sociology of health in China
- Performance evaluation of healthcare systems
- Logistics in healthcare
- Ambient and Assisted Living
- Decision support tools in Healthcare
- Smart Health Technologies
- The in-company project
The 4th term (from July on)
From July after the end of your courses, you have to validate a minimum 4-month (up to 6 months) professional experience and produce a master thesis to submit before December.
This in-company mission (generally an internship) is a great opportunity to put your academic knowledge to the test, and acquire tangible experience to prepare your employability.
This thesis is an analytical work on a topic related to the professional experience gained during your MSc in Health Management & Data Intelligence. This is a great opportunity for you to research a subject which has the potential to contribute powerfully to your personal and professional development.
An integral part of the thesis is the presentation of your work in front of an official jury. This presentation is a good stepping-stone to market yourself as it obliges you to showcase the skills you have acquired throughout the program and practice.
Careers services to drive your qualitative employability
As a student of the MSc in Health Management & Data Intelligence, you will benefit from a dedicated career track which will include workshops, expert panels, fairs, events, company visits, etc.
The Careers Services Departments from both schools will provide all students with continual support in identifying career goals and developing action plans. Program-specific careers services include:
- Workshops: Careers workshops help you prepare for your internship search and future career. Self-assessment tools and individual coaching provide you with the opportunity to prepare your next move.
- Tools: our wide range of career tools help you find out more information on partner companies and sector-specific resources, including databases with internship and job offers.
- Events: Over 200 companies visit emlyon business school campuses each year and provide students with continuous access to the business community. (Events include company visits, conferences, and expert panels, finance careers days, vocation days, jobs to change the world, etc.)
- 90% employment rate within 6 months after the end of the program with 50 % before graduation
- Gross salary: 40/45 K€
- Job location: mostly France (and Paris) and 25 % international. Lyon and the region being a hub in Health and Life Sciences, potential perspectives are also local
As the program is new, these statistics are based on current MSc programs managed by emlyon business school in other activity sector or field with similar entry profiles and jobs perspectives for 2017 graduates.
Jobs after the MSc in Health Management & Data Intelligence
Of courses, job profiles and positions will depend on your background.
The program prepares students for different positions, working with multiple stakeholders involved in the current transformation of the health industry “value chain”.
Applicants to the MSc in Health Management & Data Intelligence need to hold a Bachelor’s degree in any field. Please note: 3-year Bachelor's degree may be accepted for excellent profiles, including French Bac +3.
This program welcomes graduates from engineering schools, management schools and universities. Depending on your profile, you may need to acquire firstly by eLearning some fundamentals (basics in management, as well as data and digital, will be challenged during the first weeks.) It is important that you have a clear comprehension of the health sector and activities to be able to develop and implement your professional project over the 18-months program. Our admissions team is available to advise you on your profile before applying.
Selection sessions run from November to July.
Should your application be complete, you will receive the admission board's final decision within 15 working days. Please send back your enrolment form within 10 working days after your admission results.
At emlyon business school and Mines Saint Etienne, we take an applicant's entire potential into account. Elements like your motivation to pursue the MSc in Health Management & Data Intelligence, your background and career aspirations weigh just as heavily in our selection procedure.
You can apply through your personal space (program dashboard). You need to provide the following information:
- A résumé
- Two recommendation letters
- A copy of an official valid identity card or passport
- A certified copy of your most recent academic degree translated into English or French
- Official Management Aptitude Test Score: GMAT, GRE, TAGE MAGE, CAT (optional)
- English Proficiency test (optional)
We remind you this program is fully delivered in English. Therefore, English full proficiency is required for you to be admitted, follow courses and efficiently interact with the other members of the cohort. For the admission process, your English level will be evaluated taking into consideration 3 different fundamentals:
- Examination of all written and redactional elements within the application file
- Your video interview
- Potential face to face or Skype interview, if the Admission Board requires it
While filling out your application, you will be asked to record a video of yourself using an online platform. Your video will be submitted to the jury directly. The video complements your online application and aims to increase understanding of what your motivations and career objectives are, and discover more about your personality, interests and experience.
Applications fees for the 2019 intake: €120
Pricing is for the 2019 intake. All indicated fees include tuition, enrolment fees and lifelong membership of emlyon business school forever alumni network.
Extension of studies beyond the official length of the program is subject to payment of €500 administration fees per year.
About the School
Created in 1872 and based in Lyon, France, with multiple international campuses, emlyon business school is a top European business school devoted to lifelong learning for entrepreneurial and internati ... Read More