Are you working in healthcare and want to increase your knowledge and skills in health informatics? It’s one of the fastest-growing areas in the UK and our MSc Health Informatics degree could increase your career prospects.
This course uses state- of- the- art technologies and has a strong focus on practical and analytical skills which you can apply in your working environment. It is available as either a one-year full-time course or three years part-time.
Through links with the NHS and organisations within the Life Science sector, you’ll learn about new developments and the changing nature of technology within health informatics, which will place you at the forefront of this fast-growing industry.
Why Study Health Informatics at Swansea University?
- 1st in the UK for Research Environment 2nd in the UK for Research Quality – Research Framework (Research Excellence Framework 2014).
- Postgraduate students have access to facilities in the £100 million Institute of Life Science building.
- What Uni? Student Choice Award 2017 Winner – Postgraduate.
- The degree is available full-time over one year or part-time over three years.
- Strong links with the NHS and organisations within the Life Science Sector.
Your Health Informatics Experience
Your degree experience will be enhanced by access to state of the art facilities based within our Centres for Excellence for Administrative Data and eHealth Research. This £30 million facility, awarded by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) and Medical Research Council (MRC), will enhance the quality of your course.
You will benefit from our major collaborators at the Medical School; Abertawe BroMorgannwg University (ABMU Health Board); Hywel Dda Health Board; UK Research Council; Welsh Government, and numerous national and international links.
Health Informatics Employment Opportunities
We have carefully designed the course to provide you with increased knowledge and understanding of Health Informatics, and the skills you need to apply your learning to professional practice.
As such, this Master’s degree will give you an in-depth knowledge of the field to potentially enhance your prospects for career progression.
Careers and Employability
Swansea Employability Academy (SEA) will support you at each stage of your career journey helping you build a bright future.
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs.
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers.
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities.
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics.
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.