- Degree awarded: Master of Science in Engineering (MSc)
- Workload: 120 ECTS
- Language of instruction: English
- Duration: 2 years
- Pre-Requisites: Bachelor´s degree in Health Sciences, Healtcare, IT, Public Administration, Economics, Law.
- Tuition fees and scholarships: 1 ECTS = 100 EUR. Nominal study load per 1 year = 60 ECTS/€6000, 10 tuition fee waiver scholarships available that guarantee free studies. Detailed information about the scholarship is available here
- Number of places available: 15
Health Care Technology (HCT) is a unique Master’s programme in Europe and Estonia is the first country to start teaching Health Care Technology in such an all-inclusive form. HCT focuses on combination of academic and practical skills and the lecturers are mostly from the industry, bringing the latest knowledge and experience to the students.
HCT Master’s program has two specialities: 1) Health care technology (HCT) and 2) Occupational Health Science and Ergonomics (OHSE).
HCT speciality is for people who are interested in healthcare management combined with information technology and innovation. Not just creating new eHealth applications, but making sure it is humanly, financially, economically viable.
Occupational Health Science and Ergonomics (OHSE) speciality is for people who are interested in health and safety management, ergonomics and designing innovative workplaces, promoting work life quality, productivity and employees’ wellbeing.
- Programme teaches to understand how healthcare, IT, medicine, occupational health work together
- Two specialisations: Health Care Technology major and Occupational Health Science and Ergonomics major
- Lectures will take place mainly in Tallinn Tech Mektory building, the innovation centre with different labs and classes. Additionally, students have site visits to get the first-hand experience with different healthcare and medical organisations
- Mandatory internship that can be done abroad
Future career options
An HCT alumni works in healthcare organisation managements, in IT development companies that develop healthcare applications and systems, laboratory management, rehabilitation management and as academics in the university. A OHSE alumni works in variety of organisations, private and state, in management of health and safety, working life quality, ergonomics, occupational health services and as academics in the university.
The idea to create Health Care Technology programme was born because of high demand on the market for Health Care Specialists. After discussions and brainstorming amongst The Institute of Clinical Medicine and industry partners, the Master's programme was created. For the HCT major to be more effective, the students will attend apprenticeship in the following medical or health care companies:
- AS Medicum
- AS East Tallinn Central Hospital
- Estonian e-Health Foundation
- Aalto University School of Science and Technology
- Karolinska Institute
OHSE major students will attend apprenticeship in different manufacturing companies, state organisations and occupational health services.
Health Care Technology Master’s programme is an interdisciplinary curriculum taught in English. We welcome students with Bachelor’s degree or vocational education degree, based on accredited curriculum, in the following areas:
- Health Science
- Social Science
- Natural Science
- Mathematics/Mathematical Statistics
- Economic Science (management)
- Medical Science
Programme specific requirements
Please pay attention as this programme you are applying for, has specific prerequisites:
- Bachelor´s degree in related field, preferably in Health Sciences.
- Motivation letter and CV
- Skype interview (applicants may be requested for Skype interview if more information is needed)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 11, 2017