The MSc in Communication, Management and Health is offered by Institute of Communication and Health of USI's Faculty of Communication situated in Lugano - Switzerland. This full-time study programme comprises 120 ECTS spread over 4 semesters (usual duration 2 years) and is entirely offered in English.
CMH offers a unique opportunity to have a focused and in depth programme in the health sector while at the same time gain a broad understanding of how business and marketing functions operate. This is combined with the opportunity to study in two different cultures, on the east cost of the USA at Virginia Tech and in Lugano at the Università della Svizzera italiana,USI, based in the Italian-speaking part of Switzerland.
At the end of the combined programme, successful students will receive both a Master of Science in Business with concentration in Marketing from Virginia Tech and a Master of Science in Communication, Management & Health from USI.
Goals and Contents
The world is becoming increasingly complex, with simultaneous opposing demands for more specialisation, a broader understanding of issues, as well as an international outlook. While this is true for most fields, it is particularly the case in the domain of health, where science and its applications continue to gain in complexity and sophistication.
The Università della Svizzera italiana, Switzerland, and Virginia Tech (VT), USA, offer a Master in Communication Management and Health (CMH), a degree that will prepare you to grasp the complexity of the health sector and to pursue fulfilling and diversified careers in health.
The purpose of the MCMH is to enable students to:
- comprehend the health sector;
- learn the required analytical/methodological skills to better understand and interact with the health sector and its changes;
- acquire practical skills in communication and management appropriate for the health context.
With an international and cross-disciplinary approach to both business and communication, the master in Communication, Management and Health provides you with a solid theoretical background in multiple academic disciplines such as:
- Health Communication
- Quantitative and qualitative Research Methodologies in Health Communication
- Introduction to Public Health
- Health policy
- Marketing and Management in Health Settings
The primary job market for candidates earning this degree is the marketing and communication functions of pharmaceutical, bio tech, and insurance companies, government and other organizations in the health sector where the combination of analytical skills and understanding of the health sector will provide a competitive advantage. The skills and knowledge obtained from the degree can also be used in many other areas such as communication, management, marketing and other market related functions.
MCMH graduates are prepared for career opportunities in marketing and communication for pharmaceutical, Bio-tech, and insurance companies, as well as government and other health organisations. Marketing departments from other sectors will value the distinctive profile of MCMH graduates, too.
This programme allows you to:
- Acquire specific skills in the health sector and at the same time get a preparation in business and marketing
- Study in two different cultures: American and Swiss
- Receive two master degrees
- Collaborate on ongoing research projects commissioned by different stakeholders in the health domain (health promotion institutions, etc.)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 21, 2017