MSc in Applied Physiotherapy
This course has been developed for international students who are working in physiotherapy roles in their home country and who wish to develop their skills further. Students will be able to access and appraise new developments and advances, which will influence patient management and rehabilitation and will help to foster effective inter-professional working.
Whilst it does not meet the requirements for Health Professions Council (HPC) registration, it may enable students to develop some of the skills required to apply for registration as a physiotherapist with the HPC.
It provides an ideal opportunity for students who wish to develop their skills in rehabilitation and to specialise in a particular area of interest.
Choice of modules (dependent on specialisation)
- Support for Learning in Practice.
- Evidence-Based Clinical Guideline Development.
- Independent Study in Rehabilitation.
- Management of Chronic Pain in Musculoskeletal Practice.
- Multi-professional Management of Falls in the Older Person.
- Theory of Physiotherapy in Women's Health.
- Theory of Amputee Rehabilitation.
- Continence Theory for Physiotherapists.
- Practice of Physiotherapy in Women's Health.
- Practice of Amputee Rehabilitation.
- Continence Practice for Physiotherapists.
- Therapeutic Exercise in Rehabilitation.
- Measurement in Rehabilitation.
- Qualitative Research in Health Care.
- Quantitative Research in Health Care.
- Sports Physiotherapy and Trauma Management.
- Diagnostic Imaging Referral in Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation.
- Undertaking a Systematic Review OR Research in Health and Social Care.
- Final stage (dissertation, a systematic review of a work-based project).
Students should demonstrate that they:
-- Hold a relevant professional qualification normally at Bachelors degree level (Ordinary or Honours) or Level 3 equivalent.
-- Are a physiotherapist or other health professional registered with the Health Professions Council (HPC) or another relevant professional body.
-- Normally have two years post qualification experience and normally have experience of working in a relevant speciality.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 29, 2017