Would you like to play a role in the health management of an ageing population? Increasing your knowledge of the biological, individual and population health aspects of vitality and ageing will form the ideal preparation to play a key role in improving the future of our ageing society!
What does this master’s programme entail?
There's more to growing old gracefully than staying as healthy as you can for as long as you can. For example, maintaining independence and continued participation in social activities are equally as important. As a student you will be working in a fast-paced interdisciplinary environment alongside top international experts as well as, students from various bachelor's and nationalities and older adults.
Our internationally oriented master's programme will equip you with scientific insights on ageing, extensive training in transferable academic skills and career orientation!
The programme is offered by Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC) and Leiden University. The LUMC is a modern academic hospital in which research, education and patient care are combined with a high quality profile and a strong scientific orientation. Since years, the LUMC has a strong track record in Vitality and Ageing.
Why a Master Vitality and Ageing in Leiden?
- The interdisciplinary programme blends knowledge of several disciplines like the biological and social aspects of the aging process (gerontology), medical care for elderly people (geriatrics) and organization (healthcare management).
- The programme combines theoretical and practical knowledge and skills; both scientific literature on vitality and aging, as well as the training in scientific and personal skills, including the communication with elderly (older people participate in the programme).
- The English programme is followed and taught by many international students and teachers with interdisciplinary backgrounds.
Does the Master Vitality and Ageing suit you?
- Do you have a background and experience in health?
- Do you want to broaden and deepen your knowledge of the biological, individual and societal perspectives on vitality and aging?
- Do you want to study in a highly international interdisciplinary environment?
- Do you want to play a role in improving the future of our aging society?
The Master Vitality and Ageing in Leiden might then just be what you are looking for!
For information on course content:
Ms. Prof. Dr.J.Gussekloo
+31 71 526 6640
For more information on entry requirements, please click the link below:
About the School
Are you curious, critical and involved in the world around you? At Leiden University, the oldest university in the Netherlands, you can make a valuable contribution to tackling the various national an ... Read More