We are experiencing an unprecedented growth of the elderly population, which brings older people and the related challenges of ageing into more prominence than ever. The challenge presented by the growing ageing society calls for new experts with up-to-date knowledge and original innovations. Due to biological findings, we can anticipate ongoing improvements in the length of our lives and expect a future with more years to live. Given the complexity of this field and its relevance to all populations, the Master Vitality and Ageing is interdisciplinary, intergenerational and international.
What does this master’s programme entail?
Optimal ageing is not only a matter of how to maintain good health up to the highest ages. It is even more important how to remain independent and how to participate in valuable social activities. For this, vitality is a prominent new concept. This international Master course will provide you with extensive knowledge and dedicated academic skills, which will enable you to contribute to enhancing the lives of elderly people. Your knowledge on ageing will be increased by three major perspectives: biological, individual and societal. You will be prepared to play a role in improving the future of our ageing society.
Why a Master Vitality and Ageing in Leiden?
- The interdisciplinary programme blends knowledge of several disciplines like the biological and social aspects of the ageing process (gerontology), medical care for eldery people (geriatrics) and organisation (healthcare management).
- The programme combines theoretical and practical knowledge and skills; both scientific literature on vitality and ageing, as well as the training in scientific and personal skills, including the communication with elderly (older people participate in the programme).
- The English programme is followed and taught by many international students and teachers with interdisciplinary backgrounds.
Does the Master Vitality and Ageing suit you?
- Do you have a background and experience in health?
- Do you want to broaden and deepen your knowledge of the biological, individual and societal perspectives on vitality and ageing?
- Do you want to study in a highly international interdisciplinary environment?
- Do you want to play a role in improving the future of our ageing society?
The Master Vitality and Ageing in Leiden might thenjust be what you are looking for!
For information on course content:
Ms. Prof. Dr.J.Gussekloo
+31 71 526 6640
For more information on entry requirements, please click the link below:
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 19, 2017