MSc Public Health
The MSc Public Health creates professionals who can lead and implement change in public health across the world stage. This Masters course supports the development of public health practitioners through enabling them to negotiate, plan, implement and evaluate policy and practice initiatives. It also addresses wide-ranging public health issues that arise in diverse cultures, settings and environment.
- A critical understanding of how quantitative / qualitative research methods and epidemiological investigation are used to create and interpret public health knowledge.
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of public health informed by current scholarship and research.
- Critically evaluate current research and advanced scholarship in the discipline.
- Use expertise in independent learning using the exploration of knowledge and enquiry to underpin practice.
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation in tackling and solving public health related problems with diverse populations.
- Independently design, assess and evaluate intervention strategies for the promotion of health or prevention of disease.
- In-depth knowledge and the development of advanced skills to prepare students to lead in the field of public health.
- The application of knowledge and research to professional practice (in theory and practice) to meet the changing and multi-disciplinary demands of public health.
- The ability to exercise initiative in creative programme planning, leading a change and decision-making.
£12,635 UNICAF offers a number of scholarships to eligible students. For more information, please contact a UNICAF student adviser
Required Credits/Units: 180
- PE4S106 - Sustainable Public Health
- PE4S108 - Evidence Based Public Health
- PE4S107 - Health Promotion
- PE4S092 - Epidemiology and Biostatistics for Public Health
- PE4S089 - Leading Change
- PE4S109 - Protecting Health in Diverse Environments
- PE3S046 - International Family Health (Level 6)
- PE4S090 - Governance and Health Economics
- PE4S091 - Public Health Project