- 5 Schools
- 30 Programs
- 40 Nationalities
- 2000+ Students
- 4000+ Alumni
MSc Molecular Biology & Human Genetics is a specialization program aimed at providing an excellent opportunity for the students to take off in a promising career in the field of medical research and diagnostics. It was introduced with the vision of empowering students with the knowledge, skills, and latest developments in this frontier science.
The program is tailor-made by experts to suit the current needs of the industry and academia.
Upon successful completion of the program, the students shall:
- Get an overall exposure to various aspects of current medical research and its applications.
- Understand the applications of tools of biotechnology and Bioinformatics for the improvement of human life and environment.
- Develop various skill sets required to be a successful professional in the area of specialization
THE PROGRAM OFFERS THESE BENEFITS:
- Modern classrooms with Wi-Fi internet connectivity, projection systems
- Approximately 1,200 square meters of laboratory space which is well-equipped with state-of-the-art scientific instruments
- Advanced laboratory facilities for Molecular Biology, Cytogenetic-Microscopy, and Imaging, Cell and Tissue Engineering.
- The state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are equipped with Biotechnology based lab equipments such an autoclave, bio-safety hood, CO2 incubator, compound microscope, conductivity meter, (minus 40 and minus 80), PCR machine, gel documentation system, gel electrophoresis, high speed refrigerated centrifuge, ice maker, inverted microscope, laminar hood, light microscope, microbial incubator, micro-centrifuge, UV spectrophotometer, UV-Transilluminator, water bath and shaker and water distillation unit.
- Students are taught using conventional as well as modern methods, including whiteboard, videos, discussions and assignments/lab and project work.
- Frequent field visits to industries and conferences are part of the learning process
- Students present their research work at regional seminars and are encouraged to attend workshops and training in higher level skills
- Group assignments to inculcate skills to work in a team
- Air-conditioned academic and hostel buildings
- Scholarships to meritorious students
- Ambience and environment to facilitate creativity and innovation.
Students have excellent career opportunities in following sectors:
- Teaching in school and university
- Medical hospital and clinics
- Genetic & Pharmacogenomics research
- Research & development laboratory
- Drug discovery
- Genetic counselling
- Molecular and genetics data analysis
Candidates must have passed Bachelors degree in any Life Science subject from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- Application Fee: 100 AED
- Registration Fee: 1500 AED
- Tuition Fee per year: 36,750 AED
About the School
Manipal University Dubai (MUD) is a branch campus of Manipal University, India, the largest private university in the country enrolling over 25,000 students across 23 disciplines. Manipal University, ... Read More