Public Health studies now reach beyond local and national dimensions, people and communities across the world require global solutions. The MSc Global Public Health course follows the tagline ‘think global, act local’ and responds to the UK public health agenda within the global public health context. As a student on this programme, you will join students from diverse academic and professional backgrounds to take an interdisciplinary approach to study global public health, which will inform your knowledge and understanding about complex factors operating at local, national and international levels affecting the health and wellbeing of the population locally and globally.
The central aspects of the course include creating an environment for interdisciplinary and interprofessional learning through embedding research and scholarship within the programme, enhancing engagement with public health and wider health industry stakeholders and integrating the development of employability skills throughout the course.
- You will need an appropriate Honours degree (minimum 2.2, or equivalent qualification).
- If you are an international student (with a first degree from a non-UK higher education institution), you will also need to demonstrate English language proficiency, with a combined 6.5 IELTS score (or equivalent).
- 15,300 students - 75% full-time and 25% part-time
- We attract students from over 80 different countries creating a progressive and inclusive campus
- In the top 10 for graduates in work, among large UK universities *
- Above the national average for graduates in highly skilled employment.**
* (9th Out of 102 HEIs with 3,000 or more graduates, HESA: Graduate Outcomes 2020)
**(Nearly two-thirds of Christ Church graduates (65%) are in highly skilled graduate-level employment 15 months after graduating – 3% higher than the national average).
Why study in the UK?
- Master’s programmes in the UK are only one-year long, saving you time and money
- UK universities have an employability focus so you can easily get hired
- UK universities offer excellent student support, teaching methods, and classroom experiences
- The post-study work permit allows you to stay in the UK for 2 years after graduating.
"My Christ Church degree has opened up a whole new world and inspired me to examine my true potential as a graduate. I am now looking beyond my current role to what I can achieve personally and professionally".
Christ Church alumnus, now Detective Investigator, Metropolitan Police
“Being an international student can be hard and scary, but with the amazing support and the warm welcome at Christ Church, everything was fine. Canterbury has it all: art, history, culture and fun”.
Performing Arts student.
About the School
For more than 50 years, Canterbury Christ Church University has been a big part of the Kent community, providing education which makes a real and positive difference to people’s lives. Our University ... Read More