In the master’s programme of Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences you are trained at the leading edge of drug-design and fundamental research of new drugs, optimization of existing drugs, and personalised medicine.
What does this master’s programme entail?
Despite major advances in drug-research, many common diseases such as cancers, neurological diseases, cardiovascular disease and other auto-immune diseases,lack effective treatment, or are found incurable. You are trained for a scientific career in drug research and development. Depending on your interest, you can choose from seven specialisations to further extend your scientific training and theoretical background.
Why study Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences at Leiden University?
- The programme is offered by the Leiden Academic Centre for Drug Research (LACDR) – one of the world leading academic pharmaceutical research groups.
- We offer you a research-oriented programme in which you can specialize in different areas in the wide spectrum of drug research; from Analytical BioSciences, Biopharmaceutics, Drug Delivery Technology, Medicinal Chemistry to Pharmacology, and Toxicology.
- The programme offers flexibility and tailoring to meet your individual scientific interests and career aspirations.
Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences: the right master’s programme for you?
The master’s programme of Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences (BPS) aims to train you in the research area of bio-pharmaceutical sciences and drug research in such a way that you have extensive knowledge and hands-on experience to be able to work independently as a scientific researcher. Moreover, you have a wide range of other career opportunities bio-pharmaceutical industry, science communication, and education.
- Drug & Target Discovery (MSc)
- BioTherapeutics (MSc)
- Systems Pharmacology (MSc)
- Industrial Pharmacy (MSc)
- Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences and Business Studies (MSc)
- Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences and Science Communication and Society (MSc)
- Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences and Education (MSc)
Admission and application
Do you want to apply for the master’s programme Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences at Leiden University? Find out how to apply for your programme by following the step-by step guide in the application and admission section:
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 31, 2017