Online MSHS in Medical Laboratory Sciences
The MSHS in Medical Laboratory Sciences (MLS) is a non-clinical online program ideal for students who hold national certification as an MLT or MLS/MT/CLS, specialist or subject technologist. You’ll learn to analyze data and apply empirical knowledge to solve clinical laboratory issues, hone strategic leadership skills, and pave the way for innovations within the field.
- Modality: 100% online
- Total credit hours: 36
- Total number of courses: 12
- Program completion: 2 years (part-time)
- Residency requirement: No on-campus residency.
MSHS in Medical Laboratory Sciences Highlights
- Strategic Leadership-Focus: Understand the intricacies of managing and leading a business unit by developing an integrated strategic plan and honing your critical-thinking skills.
- Practice-Based Faculty: Learn from seasoned professionals within the field of laboratory sciences, including those who have conducted research concerning mycobacterium tuberculosis, diabetes, and biothreat agent characterization.
- Independent Capstone: Apply the knowledge you’ve gained to complete a self-designed research project that demonstrates your new skills to industry professionals.
- No On-Campus Residency: The MSHS in Medical Laboratory Sciences does not require an on-campus residency or practicum.
- No GRE Required: The School of Medicine and Health Sciences programs do not require a GRE for admissions.
- Flexibility and Convenience: You lead a busy life. With flexible online courses, you can fit your degree into your schedule.
Graduates of this program gain the skills and experience necessary to pursue a variety of career options including:
- Medical Laboratory Supervisor
- MLT/MLS Teaching positions
- Public Health Laboratory Scientist/Supervisor
- Biotechnology or Government Research Associate
The Office of Student Financial Services is committed to providing students and their families with the information they need to navigate and understand the financial aid process.
- FAFSA Federal ID: 001444
Minimum Admission Requirements
- GPA of 3.0
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences, or related science (e.g., Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology) from a regionally accredited institution
- National certification as a Technologist, Medical Technologist, Clinical Laboratory Scientist, or Medical Laboratory Sciences. Students with other certifications should contact the program office for eligibility criteria.
- For international students, submit your official score of one of the following exams:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
About the School
At the George Washington University (GW) School of Medicine and Health Sciences, we prepare progressive leaders across disciplines to meet the challenge of developing and delivering health care to div ... Read More