Why Study Senior Living Administration at Madonna University?
- The program is the only one of its kind nationally and is delivered entirely online.
- The aging population is rapidly growing, and the senior living industry is burgeoning in response.
- Leading a senior living community is challenging, exciting, and rewarding.
- Since 1974, Madonna has been a pioneer in educating aging services professionals.
The Master of Science in Senior Living Administration offers an interdisciplinary curriculum, aimed at both experienced professionals who wish to upgrade their skill or advance their careers, as well as those who have completed related undergraduate degrees and wish to enter the expanding senior living employment market. The program is delivered entirely online to provide maximal flexibility to students. It has a real-world orientation, using case studies and community-based assignments, as well as a capstone research or field component. In addition to a core curriculum and a concentration in either independent/assisted living, nursing home administration, or hospice leadership, students can select from a variety of electives depending on prior knowledge and career objectives. Students in the program learn to
1) comply with legal and regulatory requirements,
2) manage environments that promote optimal quality of life,
3) operate their community or service as a viable business,
4) conduct business from an ethical and value-based foundation,
5) communicate effectively with all of their stakeholders.
- Independent senior housing director
- Assisted living director
- Home for the aged director
- Adult foster care home manager
- Memory care residence director
- Nursing home administrator
- Continuing care retirement community director
- Hospice and palliative care manager
- Director of sales/marketing/business development in senior living
- Corporate district manager in senior living
- Leader in emerging senior living settings
- Consultant to the senior living industry
Plan of Study
Plan of Study
Program taught in: